Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 30-10-2007, 01:07 AM   #1
sayno

redcross white spots @ GF's head

i spotted there are some white spots on my gf's head. have a detailed investigate. only white spot @ head.

is this any disease?

water para is always change every 2days due to one of my gf got tail rot, but recovering.

wc = salt, anti chlorine, ph 7 powder from aquadoctor and yellow powder. wc 30%

any advice?
Old 30-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #2
Gloomis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayno View Post
i spotted there are some white spots on my gf's head. have a detailed investigate. only white spot @ head.

is this any disease?

water para is always change every 2days due to one of my gf got tail rot, but recovering.

wc = salt, anti chlorine, ph 7 powder from aquadoctor and yellow powder. wc 30%

any advice?

Bro, it seem that you have a goldfish who is still recovering from Fin rot but did you seperate it from the main tank??
Old 30-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
peter porker

White spots could be signs of the wen growing and is not a medical condition at all.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #4
Ranchu_fan

redcross White spot and reddish on wen

I notice my GF also has white spot on the wen from time to time but they will heal after a few days. First, a few white spots and a day or two later the wen become red near to the white spots. Seems to me the white spot is attacking the wen. Not sure if this is the symptom as describe by TS.
Anyway, how to prevent and heal such growth, not sure if this is a desease or what? I had checked the water parameter, all is ok. Please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	white spot 3.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	193140  
Old 30-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
peter porker

Normally the growths are pimple like, sometimes with some whitish fluid oozing out. Personally, I have not seen growths with the reddish spots but I am wary of these reddish areas as they could lead to wen rot.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Ranchu_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
Normally the growths are pimple like, sometimes with some whitish fluid oozing out. Personally, I have not seen growths with the reddish spots but I am wary of these reddish areas as they could lead to wen rot.
From my picture I posted above, you could see some red symptom behind the white spots. I'm not sure if such growth is deadly or not, but it had happened a few times on my GF (new and old tank), they will heal after a few days. Keep my finger cross this time.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:45 AM   #7
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu_fan View Post
From my picture I posted above, you could see some red symptom behind the white spots. I'm not sure if such growth is deadly or not, but it had happened a few times on my GF (new and old tank), they will heal after a few days. Keep my finger cross this time.
If the red portion is underneath the wen, near to the skin, then you have cause for worry. If it is on the surface, there is nothing to worry about.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
Ranchu_fan

Quote:
If the red portion is underneath the wen, near to the skin, then you have cause for worry. If it is on the surface, there is nothing to worry about.
Now, Red portion seems to be on the surface of wen only, GF is active as normal. Could it be some parasite bitting on the wen?
Old 30-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #9
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu_fan View Post
Now, Red portion seems to be on the surface of wen only, GF is active as normal. Could it be some parasite bitting on the wen?
I don't think so.

Wait...hang on...I do now recall that some wen growth will come with reddish dots on the surface.
Old 30-10-2007, 09:57 AM   #10
Ranchu_fan

Quote:
I don't think so.

Wait...hang on...I do now recall that some wen growth will come with reddish dots on the surface.
Any medicine to cure such growth? Or how to prevent this? It happen on my 4 Gold or white color GF b4 but not on the blackie up to now.