Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
RELAX
Dragon
 
RELAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,264
Default Afrxafr=?

recently bought two big batch of quality AFR from two different source inside af,...both batch is less than 1mth with me,other than afr,i dont keep any guppies.
first few babies dont know from which mother gives afr
but these few days,i start seeing probably normal guppies fries was born from dont know which mother

i am curious is this normal,not all afrxafr produce 100%afr
or could it be one of the previous owner hv accidently mix with his other species of guppies before i bought them?

dont worry,not witch hunting,just want to learn about guppy genetic.all comment and theory are welcome.

btw what should i do to the non albino fries that i got now,seperate them or leave them within the group

happy guppy keeping
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
angelo
Senior Dragon
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,515
Default

Albino X Albino produce grey eyes offspring? It is possible, I have a few pairs of albino guppies producing 100% grey eyes offspring.

Keep the fry, I have new strains from them.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
RELAX
Dragon
 
RELAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
Albino X Albino produce grey eyes offspring? It is possible, I have a few pairs of albino guppies producing 100% grey eyes offspring.

Keep the fry, I have new strains from them.
icic,tks for the fast response
yap,..they might be grey eyes,now too small to tell.but confirm not those albino type by comparing the body colour
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:28 AM   #4
Ircknight
Dragon
 
Ircknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
icic,tks for the fast response
yap,..they might be grey eyes,now too small to tell.but confirm not those albino type by comparing the body colour
Mostly will be Grey eye full red if the fries body is black in colour.
Ircknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
Tarzan78
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 808
Default

sorry to hear tat its from 'quality' afr u bought tat resulted in grey eyes. usually, reputable sellers will tell u if it's pure stable strains. therefore any grey eyes would be freak incidents. If the grey eyes r many, then maybe the strain is not stable. bcos Quality afr x Quality afr = 99.99% afr.

Last edited by angelo; 06-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Tarzan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
RELAX
Dragon
 
RELAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ircknight View Post
Mostly will be Grey eye full red if the fries body is black in colour.
noted.anyway I still like them as much as AFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzan78 View Post
sorry to hear tat its from 'quality' afr u bought tat resulted in grey eyes. usually, reputable sellers will tell u if it's pure stable strains. therefore any grey eyes would be freak incidents. If the grey eyes r many, then maybe the strain is not stable. bcos Quality afr x Quality afr = 99.99% afr.
I not sure abt that
first time keeping AFR in my life.so long the fries turn up full red,I am still happy with them.
most importantly is their finnage must be big and wide.
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
kian_john
Senior Dragon
 
kian_john's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,519
Default

most likely one of the AFR pair you got the parent is offspring of some AFR X grey eye FR before thats why now you getting some Grey eye FR...keep the baby groom it well..use it to cross back to their parent if possible if not den maybe other albinos offsprings from the other parent if you wan more AFR babies...

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by kian_john; 03-08-2012 at 01:10 PM.
kian_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
RELAX
Dragon
 
RELAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,264
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
most likely one of the AFR pair you got the parent is offspring of some AFR X grey eye FR before thats why now you getting some Grey eye FR...keep the baby groom it well..use it to cross back to their parent if possible if not den maybe other albinos offsprings from the other parent if you wan more AFR babies...

Just my 2 cents
i should be seperating them if i can find more tub
then see what is the meaning of grey eye when they grow up.quite curious to see their different.
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
angelo
Senior Dragon
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,515
Default

Albino producing grey eyes offspring has nothing to do with quality, pure or stable.

There are two possibilities only. First is the albino female has been hit by non albino before. Second is via mutation.

There is no pure albino or quality albino...some breeder mixed up the terms. We use pure strain, stable strain, breed through strain.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)