Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 21-12-2014, 08:52 PM   #21
tropical_fishes
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aro77 View Post
the seaview guy also told me about it , he spoke very highly of it.. he said it was better then momotaro and better then bio home + but the price is like... so i just bought little bit to try for my smaller tank.. actually frankly imo after trying many medias.. i can say that all medias are good... its just how u cultivate your bacteria... majority of my FGTs are all using 100% jap mat and i take very long to establish and cultivate my bacteria to a level where im happy and so far the jap matt is doing me well
I am facing the same sales pitch as well... Saying what Biohomme is already outdated blah blah blah... I guess it is the profit margin that motivates the sales pitch.

Anyway, I am still quite skeptical to Azoo's claim to their new media until further review is made...
tropical_fishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #22
patclay
Dragon

[QUOTE tropical_fishes;9792833]I am facing the same sales pitch as well... Saying what Biohomme is already outdated blah blah blah... I guess it is the profit margin that motivates the sales pitch.

Anyway, I am still quite skeptical to Azoo's claim to their new media until further review is made...[/QUOTE]

It is the sales pitch from SV that claim Azoo is better than bio home or other products. Anyway just buy a box to try try.

Below is the photo taken from the slip in the box on the different Azoo media and their functions:

patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #23
rav

Was there to pick up a bottle of prime and got the same sales pitch. Told him my hospital tank was using eheim 2026 with k1 as I lazy to keep opening canister to clean and was brought to their nano tanks at the front of the shop.

The claim was no need for any mechanical filter / wool with this media provided you use it with waterlife bacterlife. Also claimed it is the hottest product with even more surface area compared to biohomme (he emphasized on 400 times)

Then I said this is hospital tank, always got meds inside that's why I use plastic k1s, this media can use or not. His face changed and was sorta assured can use.

Very skeptical with this new media, website claims to release trace elements maybe that's why only last 1 year.

Anyway I got really good stable results in my main tank with 6kg of biohomme plus and seachem stability. So will be camping here to see the results.
rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #24
wei_yuan86
Dragon

Had the same sales pitch and shared the same concerns with those mentioned here...
I guess my biggest doubts were the bold claims made regarding this particular media.

I'm wondering if there's some profit sharing involved and also, normally the sales person not so hardworking one la
wei_yuan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #25
PKB
Arofanatic

I been visiting SV quite frequently these few weeks and every time I can see them recommending this media to customer. They seems to to selling very well as the big packaging were totally sold out during one of my visit. And I saw customer asking SV staff to reserve them when the new stock arrived.

One of the things that stop me from trying out is that the box states that the media need to be change every 12 months. The Bio homme plus in my filter is still in great condition even I have already use them for more than 5 yrs.
PKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2014, 08:00 PM   #26
patclay
Dragon

Put about 8 litres inside my tank with other medias. So far water crystal clear but don't know is it a combination of medias concurrently that did the effect
patclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #27
tomthumb

I tried 1L on my 3ft tank, so far didn't see any good or bad effects.. waterlife ammonia remover does work very well though, I wonder if it is really the bb or it has chemicals that works like those water clarity solutions
Old 01-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #28
Gowling
Dragon

Someone posted getting 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite , and 0 nitrate when using 100% MarinePure in his sump...after about 3months.
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9792857&postcount=52

This MP product interest me more.
Gowling is offline   Reply With Quote