Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 19-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
EdwinTay

Default Albino Guppies.

Hi rnkw,

I m newbie cos - (1) just really started on albino guppies, (2) I have kept goldfishes, discus, bettas, normal guppies & apistos without much success in terms of breeding. Tats why I was really surprised by; my albino guppies surviving & breeding. In some cases, the female dropped fries 1 or 2 days after I bought them.

Last edited by angelo; 22-04-2012 at 06:17 PM.
EdwinTay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
ah_ray
Dragon

funny thread title.. address specifically to rnkw
ah_ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
angelo
Senior Dragon

Which type of strain is that, any photo to share?
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
EdwinTay

well... the man (I presume) was kind enough to warn me abt the perils of albinos - so I dedicate the thread to him.

Seriously, i have a lot to learn fm u guys - especially the genetics.

Having talked to some pple & browsed the web, in terms of (1) colour & pattern, there are many varieties, (2) tail shape - there is delta, crown, pin etc. etc., (3) miscellaneous - swallow, ribbon

i suppose the holy grail for guppies is to breed a mega size one (6 inches?) RREA full red with half moon tail. (I use betta terms cos I used to keep them). Can u mentally picture that type of guppy?
Old 19-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #5
EdwinTay

I currently have albino - full red, platinum/gold, platinum with red tail, moscow, magenta, blue grass, red grass, red scissors tail.

Angelo, I will post photos as soon as I learn how to take & upload them...sori.

BTW, for those who are into normal guppies, I just saw some nice ribbon males (gold body, red tail) at Tiong Bahru (the old man). i think they are selling at 80 cts a piece.
Old 19-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
cheekoon
Dragon

bro edwin,

why you want to dedicate a thread to rnkw?

would be great if you just specify the topic of the thread, for eg. My Current Setup....etc..etc...
cheekoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #7
rnkw

Haha. Bro. Ya la. I see forum suddenly my name as part of topic. I thought what happen. Actually to load pictures is not that difficult. Personally after taking my pictures, I transfer them to the computer and upload them to photobucket. They will provide you a link that you can copy and paste in your post here. You can head to chatterbox for more instructions.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=393392

I think you are too humble calling yourself a newbie in this bro. I notice you have many strains of guppies. I am very sure that given time you can develop the strain you like. Personally I also trying to breed out giant guppies. Similar to how Bettas have giants also right? Haha. I can roughly picture the guppy you are describing But somehow for RREA AFR most of us aim for delta shape tail leh. Haha. Actually I am also quite new in guppy keeping. Also depend a lot on others here. Hope you have fun bro.
Old 19-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
GupFan

Bro Edwin, you confirm not newbie lah. You got more strains than I have! (and I thought I have more than I could handle...)

I guess everyone has a different holy grail in guppying. For me, my ultimate goal is to create and stabilise a new strain that is aesthetically pleasing. And hopefully I get to name it. I don't really like giant gups though. I prefer cute stuff that comes in small packages, but I don't like endlers. Self conflicting huh?

Here's a thought for the lau jiaos... would be useful to setup a sticky thread for newbies with common abbr, tail definition, common strains, etc. I remember I had a hard time figuring out what AFR or HB stands for in the beginning.
Old 19-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
cheekoon
Dragon

since tis thread is threding towards newbies aspiration, i (being a newbie as well) would like to comment as well.

in my immediate plan, I hope to reach a sizeable numbers of guppies which enable me to experiment different foods and water parameters. main objective is to find the best way to make them thrive.

then with tat experience, for mid term goal, i will just zoom into 1 or 2 colors to concentrate with certain goals/objectives.
cheekoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
rnkw

It will be good if we all do our research and share them here so we can all increase our knowledge and bring up our quality.