Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 21-04-2003, 04:05 PM   #21
AquariaCrAzY

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryffindor
ur all is how many btw????
I have 6 ryukins and 1 black moor (at least i think that's what it is...its the one with the eyes bulging on both sides ) in a 2ft tank...I know its a little crowded but they dun seem to mind
Old 21-04-2003, 09:30 PM   #22
Gryffindor

Quote:
Originally posted by AquariaCrAzY
I have 6 ryukins and 1 black moor (at least i think that's what it is...its the one with the eyes bulging on both sides ) in a 2ft tank...I know its a little crowded but they dun seem to mind
oic, thats good. keep it up
Old 24-04-2003, 01:41 AM   #23
avidjigger72

Hi !

I wanted to check with anyone who knows what the correct age a gold fish can mate ? I have had conflicting reports. Some say a few months and I just read on an internet website that the goldfish has to be around 3yrs !

By the way, I'm trying to mate my ranchus and still unsuccessful. Dropped the temperature to 21degrees and still no news !

Also, can anyone tell me how to accurately determine the sex of ranchus ?
Old 24-04-2003, 09:37 AM   #24
Gryffindor

Quote:
Originally posted by avidjigger72
Hi !

I wanted to check with anyone who knows what the correct age a gold fish can mate ? I have had conflicting reports. Some say a few months and I just read on an internet website that the goldfish has to be around 3yrs !

By the way, I'm trying to mate my ranchus and still unsuccessful. Dropped the temperature to 21degrees and still no news !

Also, can anyone tell me how to accurately determine the sex of ranchus ?

age wise maybe is base on the color, sex wise already u can see from the pic here
Old 27-04-2003, 12:32 PM   #25
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryffindor
age wise maybe is base on the color, sex wise already u can see from the pic here
This is nonsense.
Old 27-04-2003, 12:38 PM   #26
Ah Thiam

[

Last edited by Ah Thiam; 13-10-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 28-04-2003, 02:31 AM   #27
Xerovix

i am afraid joo chiat friendly uncle cannot understand this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah Thiam
The pen is mightier than the sword - Eric Cantona
Old 28-04-2003, 11:37 AM   #28
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by avidjigger72
Did you maintain the tank's temperature at 21 degrees? I may be wrong but I think it's the gradual rise in water temperature that stimulate mating behaviour, among other factors such as a near perfect water parameters, and not a constant low temperature.
Old 28-04-2003, 11:58 AM   #29
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Did you maintain the tank's temperature at 21 degrees? I may be wrong but I think it's the gradual rise in water temperature that stimulate mating behaviour, among other factors such as a near perfect water parameters, and not a constant low temperature.
Decrease of the temperature is one of the factor that stimulate spawning.
That is the reason why spawning normally happened in the early morning from 5 ~ 9am as reported by most of our fellow members, where temperature is 1 or 2 degree lower than the average temp.
Old 28-04-2003, 08:22 PM   #30
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY
Decrease of the temperature is one of the factor that stimulate spawning.
That is the reason why spawning normally happened in the early morning from 5 ~ 9am as reported by most of our fellow members, where temperature is 1 or 2 degree lower than the average temp.
Hmm... is that a typo, bro?

5 ~ 9 am correspond to the sun rising and hence an increase in temperature compared to the wee hours when temp dropped. So I think it should be an increase instead of a decrease in temp that stimulate spawning.

My own observation is the chasing behaviour starts around 9 am while the actual spawning begins around 10:30 to 11 am. The female smokes her satisfying after-sex cigarette around noon.