Old 20-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #21
cashNnoodle

Nice beautys
Old 20-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #22
Macro88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin1987 View Post
@macro88, i thought u are not supposed to keep macs in brunei?? Correct me if i am wrong..
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC4Ever View Post
I think before law is passed should be ok
I dont see a problem if i manage to keep them alive n breeding successfully unless im destroying them but yea overseas ppl are going through the jungle to catch wild caught n bringing them back to sell only to cause a huge amount of stress n high fatality on them and this is due to the high price factor as compare with other type of wild bettas.. really a pity in my opinions..

in the wild, big adult macs are getting less n less and as more ppl overcatch them,,the production to produce in the wild is not enough..Its just a matter of time where i see no wild macs going extinct and only captivity bred macs are left for us to enjoy the beauty of it!!
Macro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #23
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macro88 View Post
I dont see a problem if i manage to keep them alive n breeding successfully unless im destroying them but yea overseas ppl are going through the jungle to catch wild caught n bringing them back to sell only to cause a huge amount of stress n high fatality on them and this is due to the high price factor as compare with other type of wild bettas.. really a pity in my opinions..

in the wild, big adult macs are getting less n less and as more ppl overcatch them,,the production to produce in the wild is not enough..Its just a matter of time where i see no wild macs going extinct and only captivity bred macs are left for us to enjoy the beauty of it!!
well time to release some back. =) I see over-catching of the Siamese tigers and now hardly can see any around.
STC4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #24
Macro88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC4Ever View Post
well time to release some back. =) I see over-catching of the Siamese tigers and now hardly can see any around.
Been there done that..hence i dont see the point of me releasing it back only to be captured by some business minded ppl who just catch n export them to resale again..i rather let it be extinct and maintain my own stocks.. evil me!!
Macro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #25
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macro88 View Post
Been there done that..hence i dont see the point of me releasing it back only to be captured by some business minded ppl who just catch n export them to resale again..i rather let it be extinct and maintain my own stocks.. evil me!!
I see.. these people why dun catch and breed.
Old 22-05-2015, 11:00 PM   #26
Edwin1987

Cos this species is so hard to breed.. i definitely cant release any into the waters in sg as they dont belong here.. so i am selling it,so perhaps the stress on wild caughts will lessen.. People prefer captive bred also as they are easier to keep in terms of diet.. But like i said.. it is hard to breed them hence the price.
Edwin1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2015, 11:45 AM   #27
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin1987 View Post
Cos this species is so hard to breed.. i definitely cant release any into the waters in sg as they dont belong here.. so i am selling it,so perhaps the stress on wild caughts will lessen.. People prefer captive bred also as they are easier to keep in terms of diet.. But like i said.. it is hard to breed them hence the price.
yes. captive bred will be easier to keep than wild caught. less prone to parasites as well.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #28
GoldfishAtelier
Arofanatic

Looks rare, can get in Sg?
GoldfishAtelier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #29
STC4Ever
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishAtelier View Post
Looks rare, can get in Sg?