Old 20-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
MOTX
Dragon

Default InterBetta SPARTAN CUP 2014

MOTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

anyone knows the judging criteria for dumbos? the bigger the pectorals the better? curious cause first time see it on competition classes.
CullTail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 09:45 AM   #3
woaini

The nicest comp i see so far.

Have been very disappointed on those previous bettas comp held recently.
Ie. u see comp held in hob area, even shop. You realised those trophies are of real cheapo version. Seeing judges wearing t-shirts n shorts while judging, some even wear slippers!

I think we should build up these hobbies n comp std. This is a international hobbies, the std should be too.

Ps: just 2 cents worth of thought
Old 21-08-2014, 09:54 AM   #4
woaini

No offence to previous organizers.

But by holding these comp in hdb area or shop or even fish farms will not expand the hobbies.

We should encourage these comp to be held at maybe shopping malls, expo, suntec or even in cc.
We will attract more people to know these hobbies n our nice fishes will have the chance to let others/public see/admire. They have done us proud.

Then more n more people or newbies will join us.
Otherwise we will keep seeing the oldies like us that keep appearing in these comp. sad though
Old 21-08-2014, 09:57 AM   #5
iscariot
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by woaini View Post
The nicest comp i see so far.

Have been very disappointed on those previous bettas comp held recently.
Ie. u see comp held in hob area, even shop. You realised those trophies are of real cheapo version. Seeing judges wearing t-shirts n shorts while judging, some even wear slippers!

I think we should build up these hobbies n comp std. This is a international hobbies, the std should be too.

Ps: just 2 cents worth of thought
It's still up to u weather to join those so-called "cheapo" comp anot. It's already not easy organising a comp hence every effort counts.

Either we appreciate organisers' hardwork and effort and show support, or else dun join, dun talk. It's good to provided constructive feedbacks instead of saying cheapo this and that.
iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
iscariot
Dragon

Quote:

But by holding these comp in hdb area or shop or even fish farms will not expand the hobbies.

We should encourage these comp to be held at maybe shopping malls, expo, suntec or even in cc.
We will attract more people to know these hobbies n our nice fishes will have the chance to let others/public see/admire. They have done us proud.

Otherwise we will keep seeing the oldies like us that keep appearing in these comp. sad though
I totally agree with this point, but but but can u sponsor the organising team to hold competition in such areas?

I believe if u sponsor many organisers would love to do comp in such areas.
Old 21-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #7
TopGun
Dragon

Quote:

you sponsor then they organise?
TopGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
woaini

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
It's still up to u weather to join those so-called "cheapo" comp anot. It's already not easy organising a comp hence every effort counts.

Either we appreciate organisers' hardwork and effort and show support, or else dun join, dun talk. It's good to provided constructive feedbacks instead of saying cheapo this and that.
Cold smile.......... why get so agitated?

Comments are here to share. Unless you are one of those organizers?
As a matter of fact, lots of guys here truly know what am I talking about.
What I meant are for the well being of the hobbies, we dun wan to see people benefit out of the comp but missed out the true meaning/objective of having a comp & to compete in the comp.
Old 21-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #9
woaini

Quote:
Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
I totally agree with this point, but but but can u sponsor the organising team to hold competition in such areas?

I believe if u sponsor many organisers would love to do comp in such areas.

What makes you think that I didn't sponsor any of the comp?

PS: You never know who are you talking to. Thanks but no thanks to your unfriendly reply
Old 21-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #10
iscariot
Dragon

Me agitated? No no... I'm definitely not. What i hope u understand is that no matter how good u organise a comp there's bound to have people saying this comp this not good that not good.

I'm didn't say u did or did not sponsor, in this very case why not u organise a comp and show us what u mean, not just plain "NATO: No Action Talk Only".