Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 02-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #1541
Liang_Zai
Senior Dragon

Knn at the very last moment pogba should just hold the ball rather than cross in. Heng nv manage to concede in the end. Hard fought win though
Liang_Zai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #1542
loveikan
Arofanatic

A hard fought game.
But we started the new year with a 3 pts.
Level on point with Pools now.

GGMU!!! One game at a time
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:17 AM   #1543
lenghan
Arofanatic

For the last min save/block, I will give my vote of MOTM to EB, otherwise I would have given to DDG
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #1544
KeeHuat
Dragon

3 points but Villa put up a show.

Bad goal to concede as the marking for Villa's freekick was not properly blocked off.

Rashford needs to shoot better as he shot straight at the Villa keeper a few times.
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:03 PM   #1545
BBP604
Dragon

Villa gave us a hard fight game and fortunately DDG and defence line did a good job to stop them from scoring more.

Looking at the table standing still early to see a champion team. Guess it will go down to the wire to see winner.
Hope our guys can get good rest to fight to last through.

The transfer window come in at good time.
Lets see who is coming to reinforce.
GGMU.

Last edited by BBP604; 02-01-2021 at 12:07 PM.
BBP604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:08 PM   #1546
lenghan
Arofanatic

Whilst praises were sung for BF, EB and PP, I thought Fred was equally good, always on the move and disrupting the advancing Villa moves. And yes his passing skill needs lots of improvement, but I still liked his tenacity and glad OGS kept him on for the almost the whole game and probably for the first time took off SM instead.
The only negative for Ole was replacing BF with DJ. James is only quick but no footballing "brains" who will run and run with his head down and not looking out for his mates to make passes.
Hope we are able to maintain this form of football for the rest of the season.
And probably hope the Board does not make an immediate announcement to extend Ole's contract openly cos I fear that if he thinks his job is secured would make "strange" selection decisions. Yes he could be given the extension but should be done on the quiet until we are sure the team is going places at the top of the table

Last edited by lenghan; 02-01-2021 at 01:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #1547
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenghan View Post
Whilst praises were sung for BF, EB and PP, I thought Fred was equally good, always on the move and disrupting the advancing Villa moves. And yes his passing skill needs lots of improvement, but I still liked his tenacity and glad OGS kept him on for the almost the whole game and probably for the first time took off SM instead.
The only negative for Ole was replacing BF with DJ. James is only quick but no footballing "brains" who will run and run with his head down and not looking out for his mates to make passes.
Hope we are able to maintain this form of football for the rest of the season.
And probably hope the Board does not make an immediate announcement to extend Ole's contract openly cos I fear that if he thinks his job is secured would make "strange" selection decisions. Yes he could be given the extension but should be done on the quiet until we are sure the team is going places at the top of the table
Not make the same mistake but to extend his deal after the season is over. IF he cannot achieve top 4 position, then perhaps it is time for the axe to drop on him.
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:28 PM   #1548
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
3 points but Villa put up a show.

Bad goal to concede as the marking for Villa's freekick was not properly blocked off.

Rashford needs to shoot better as he shot straight at the Villa keeper a few times.
Rashford need to release the ball to others like Martial and not always think of striking it into the net
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:20 AM   #1549
lenghan
Arofanatic

The road to winning the title is getting more exciting now.
Leicester goes to 3rd with 2-1 win over Newcastle
M City even with 5 players out cos of COVID is leading a full Chelsea team 3-0 and have game in hand after this
Old 05-01-2021, 09:53 AM   #1550
loveikan
Arofanatic

Southampton not only won 1-0 but also did a good job defensively against Pools which had the most possession but only one shot on goal only .

Now is up to us to continue focusing on ourself to improve as a team,, balance and find the rhythm as a team and playing to our own strength.

The EPL is getting more exciting.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote