Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 04-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #11
eddiecheng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohao View Post
3 of my discus just died yester n 2 days ago.

They will group together at a corner not eating not swimming. Most part of body turn very black. Mucus/slime like cover most their body. Mouth swollen turn white n fin rotting. 5 inches smaller ones died 2 days after symptom seen. The adult one last 5 days..... Very scary illness but did not seems to affect my other non discus fish.
dont give up and heart pain, most fishes have parasites in their body. but maybe there are some minor illness which leads to other parasites to attack the fishes. It is actually a good habit in my opinion to deworm 1-2 months once. i dont have the white poo problem and they grow quite well.

From the symptoms(crowding together,slimes and immune system breakdown) it might be virus causing it also which requires immediate antibiotic to cure it. It might be the new equipment/new fishes or all along they have it and one of the small illness weaken it and causes the virus to come back.
eddiecheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #12
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
3 of my discus just died yester n 2 days ago.

They will group together at a corner not eating not swimming. Most part of body turn very black. Mucus/slime like cover most their body. Mouth swollen turn white n fin rotting. 5 inches smaller ones died 2 days after symptom seen. The adult one last 5 days..... Very scary illness but did not seems to affect my other non discus fish.
This disease is hard to cure. Once strike all gone.
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #13
Kaien

Thank you all bros for the advices. Yesterday I added the Parzi again..now The discus getting better already..the colors are gradually coming back, and they started to swim abit and munch abit of flakes. Still abit of fins flicking..but shld be ok soon

Yes, I agree to bro eddiecheng, don't give up! After this horrible experience, guess I need to deworm more often. By deworming more often, will it be too harsh on the fishes?
Kaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:56 AM   #14
eddiecheng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaien View Post
Thank you all bros for the advices. Yesterday I added the Parzi again..now The discus getting better already..the colors are gradually coming back, and they started to swim abit and munch abit of flakes. Still abit of fins flicking..but shld be ok soon

Yes, I agree to bro eddiecheng, don't give up! After this horrible experience, guess I need to deworm more often. By deworming more often, will it be too harsh on the fishes?

actually you can try metroflakes or use metro tablets. its safe for fishes if you follow the dosage. When using metro switch off lights.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:18 PM   #15
Shawnsp
Dragon

Quote:
Had them for at at least 9 months.. Change water every 2 days unlike my other hardy fish tank which I do weekly wc. Prime stir and stir in pails of wc for mins before pouring to tank

Buy flakes, pellet worms rotating 2 meals per days. So much effort die just like that... Very gek sim.
I HOPE YOU DO NOT GIVE UP.. TLC is always part of fish keeping..

Sometime it just float without a sign. At least there was a possible try to save. Don't be sad, let go see fish again. Change a different type of fishes you like..

Cheers,
Shawnsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #16
Shawnsp
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaien View Post

Very happy to know the discus are getting better. I hope that will continue to get better. At this point, got to be even more careful.

Take charge and roar the hobby.
Shawnsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #17
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecheng View Post
actually you can try metroflakes or use metro tablets. its safe for fishes if you follow the dosage. When using metro switch off lights.
Bro can let me know y must off lights?
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:03 AM   #18
Kaien

Hi all bros, if I do deworm more often..will it be too harsh on the fishes? Now most of my fishes recovered..but I still do see 1 or 2...showing small symptons of clamped fins..not sure if I am too sensitive. I understand clamped fins can be stressed, and as well as symptons of flukes. How do I further differentiate? Thank you.
Kaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #19
eddiecheng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingdedao View Post
Bro can let me know y must off lights?
This is my opinion and some intensive googling.

hi bro because reduction of light will make the fish less stress and the metro will be more effective.

another reason because metro with strong light will make the medicine weaker

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...476633/?page=2 and other forums hehe not sure if this is related to it.

for me i tried and it works so i suggest.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #20
bettadis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiecheng View Post
This is my opinion and some intensive googling.

hi bro because reduction of light will make the fish less stress and the metro will be more effective.

another reason because metro with strong light will make the medicine weaker

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...476633/?page=2 and other forums hehe not sure if this is related to it.

for me i tried and it works so i suggest.
Interesting article! eventually is the right dose and right regime
bettadis is offline   Reply With Quote