Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 02-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #91
shark
Dragon

Was at JZX just now, saw their this shipment of wild discus, got good range of nice wild caught discus, many of them already reserved. But still got good and nice lots to choose and taboa.

Too bad this month need to save bullet$ for xmas, so only got myself 1pc of the nhamunda blue.

For those who always wanna keep wild discus, it a good time to go see see look look. You will never regret.

Just to share....
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #92
illumnae
Dragon

The Unini heckels came in super stable and nice, only left a few pieces I heard.

The Nhamunda heckels that came in were very stressed and not stable upon arrival, but if you look closely, they actually have huge potential. I feel that they are better than the ones that came in last year.
illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #93
shark
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post
The Unini heckels came in super stable and nice, only left a few pieces I heard.

The Nhamunda heckels that came in were very stressed and not stable upon arrival, but if you look closely, they actually have huge potential. I feel that they are better than the ones that came in last year.
yup, 100% agreed. the unini look very good, and most of them are kinda royal type, full strips. and the color sure will come in full spectrum when settle.

the nhamunda ones, heard from the boss saying that they really stressed out when arrived and first day was like all "dark" and some even laying on the bottom of the tank. but yesterday most of them are ok, color start to show and swimming around, just that some of them, the fin is still closed up. as what you said they should have good potential is given good TLC.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 AM   #94
FlowerHFanatic
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illumnae View Post

yup

was there and Nhamunda looked 'battered' but guess they all made it ... looked slightly bigger than uninis..
FlowerHFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #95
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Anyone bought and can share the new wild discus from JZX here ? Poison pleeeease....
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #96
shark
Dragon

Default Nhamunda blue

For the purpose of poisoning, I repost this photo here (again) from JZX thread.

Got this blue guy over the weekend. What do u guys think of this batch shipment?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #97
Just
Arofanatic

Nice discus...look very stable! The tail look like torn or chip ...is it normal?...
Just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #98
blackstar

This batch shipment is good. The reds I got all don't have stress bars now and starting to eat FBW and some NLS pellets. But notice they still dash around when there are sudden lighting changes. Too bad I can't post any picutres to show.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #99
Markvtec2

AFC Member

Default Just collect my red from JZX

Markvtec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:50 AM   #100
blackstar

Are you acclimatizing the reds using the drip method? Looks good! I put them in the tank straight without acclimatizing as they already look fairly stable at the shop.