Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 08-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #511
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chequil View Post
i am using HOF for my tank atm
i think i'll get another sponge.. cos easier to maintain.. and my tank got 1 small one le.. think no need hof ba.. btw.. theres a cheap small canister filter boyu ef-05.. only $15 2nd hand de.. good deal? feel like buying for my 1ft.. but i dun like canister.. cos hard to maintain..
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #512
.S1
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranmaru1987 View Post
bro.. wat breed do u breed now?
Same as yours. The Cherax Quadricarinatus aka Red-Claw crayfish.

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...&postcount=458
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...&postcount=459

Cheers,
S1
.S1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #513
ranmaru1987
Dragon

wah.. ur quad so blue de.. my quad more green den blue.. today wake up.. saw my quad dig its way under my partition sia.. scary.. chequil.. how's ur breeding prog? any progress?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 PM   #514
chequil

Quote:
wah.. ur quad so blue de.. my quad more green den blue.. today wake up.. saw my quad dig its way under my partition sia.. scary.. chequil.. how's ur breeding prog? any progress?
no progress. the male is afraid of the female. I think i'll have to get a smaller female as the male is unable to overpower the female.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #515
chequil

Quote:
i think i'll get another sponge.. cos easier to maintain.. and my tank got 1 small one le.. think no need hof ba.. btw.. theres a cheap small canister filter boyu ef-05.. only $15 2nd hand de.. good deal? feel like buying for my 1ft.. but i dun like canister.. cos hard to maintain..
yeah it's a good deal. on the contrary, it is actually easier to maintain it. Only requires the occasional filter mat change
Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #516
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
yeah it's a good deal. on the contrary, it is actually easier to maintain it. Only requires the occasional filter mat change
Icic.. Actually i dun like to keey crays together.. Cos those timid de will just always be hiding cos scared of the fierce de.. I prefer to seperate them and let them roam.. Somemore hard to feed.. Cos the fierce one always will snatch.. Anyway i bought sponge le.. More suitable for my tank and bioload.. Sponge just squeeze in water only.. So easy.. I think crays sponge is best.. Cos their shit is always at the bottom de.. Seldom filter can suck it up right?
Old 09-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #517
ranmaru1987
Dragon

sian.. came home saw a few dead fishes body parts on the gravel.. i hate it when they kill more than they can eat.. hope they can clear by tonight.. if not tmr i must scoop out le.. if not they rot in water spoil my water parameters..
Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #518
chequil

Quote:
Icic.. Actually i dun like to keey crays together.. Cos those timid de will just always be hiding cos scared of the fierce de.. I prefer to seperate them and let them roam.. Somemore hard to feed.. Cos the fierce one always will snatch.. Anyway i bought sponge le.. More suitable for my tank and bioload.. Sponge just squeeze in water only.. So easy.. I think crays sponge is best.. Cos their shit is always at the bottom de.. Seldom filter can suck it up right?
haha yeah the fiercer crayfish will always get more food. not very good for the timid crayfish as I think it will feel stressed
Old 09-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #519
chequil

Quote:
sian.. came home saw a few dead fishes body parts on the gravel.. i hate it when they kill more than they can eat.. hope they can clear by tonight.. if not tmr i must scoop out le.. if not they rot in water spoil my water parameters..
wow your crayfish is that fierce? Mine finishes what it kills/catches. the tetras in the night and there won't be any bodies the next morning
Old 09-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #520
ranmaru1987
Dragon

Quote:
haha yeah the fiercer crayfish will always get more food. not very good for the timid crayfish as I think it will feel stressed
Ya.. Tt's why i seperate my quads.. If not the small one whole day hiding only.. When seperate the smaller quad still will run ard de.. Maybe tonight i take away the divider add more pvc pipes see they can live together or not.. My clarkiis still small.. I wanna let them get used to each other so never seperate..

Quote:
wow your crayfish is that fierce? Mine finishes what it kills/catches. the tetras in the night and there won't be any bodies the next morning
Lol.. Ya.. Especially the small clarkiis.. They killed 10 guppies in 3 nights.. The quads finish wat they kill..