Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
AlastairSC

Default What is the simplest yet best way of keeping simple GFs?

I mean.. I going to start to rear one or two goldfishes together in one tank.. Have done so with a big tank with filter etc but that was with my dad's help and the tank was too big, now also no space!!

So I was thinking.. Start small with 2 small goldfishes in a normal plastic tank.. You know those with the coloured plastic covering grill? Got blue, red pink, green etc etc..

So I was thinking, what must I maximise so as to minimise risking the goldfishes lives?

Is it a must to have a filter in that small tank? I mean, I'll be fine with regular cleaning but if it really isn't good at all, I'll consider risking my dad getting angry for buying a small filter!!

And how do I maximise living life in the tank for my 2 goldfishes-to-be?

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!
Old 15-05-2008, 11:41 PM   #2
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlastairSC View Post
I mean.. I going to start to rear one or two goldfishes together in one tank.. Have done so with a big tank with filter etc but that was with my dad's help and the tank was too big, now also no space!!

So I was thinking.. Start small with 2 small goldfishes in a normal plastic tank.. You know those with the coloured plastic covering grill? Got blue, red pink, green etc etc..

So I was thinking, what must I maximise so as to minimise risking the goldfishes lives?

Is it a must to have a filter in that small tank? I mean, I'll be fine with regular cleaning but if it really isn't good at all, I'll consider risking my dad getting angry for buying a small filter!!

bro you meant this type of tank?

bro, water change often, dont overcrowd. all meant for basic keeping only.
BENG66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #3
AlastairSC

YES YES THAT.
But the bigger one.. I think $5 or $3+ those abit bigger ones..

OH i see! Thank you veryyy much!
Old 15-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #4
BuTLeR

Quote:

try to get at least a 2 ft glass tank .... if you don have a good filter
change water more often
if your dad will get angry for a 10 dollar filter i advise you to buy a filter yourself
give them a big and clean enviroment!

in red welcome to goldfishing
Old 16-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #5
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
YES YES THAT.
But the bigger one.. I think $5 or $3+ those abit bigger ones..

OH i see! Thank you veryyy much!
yes like butler said, start with 2 feet tank better, more surafce area and water capacity, much easy to maintain.

filters have alots of types in the market.
simple set-up for basic keeping fish, for best way you really have to find out your own which one really suit you. recommend by brothers here, trial and error....etc.

simple one like this cost you less then 6...

Old 16-05-2008, 12:03 AM   #6
AlastairSC

Haha no! I buy it myself and Dad will say it's a waste of money. He too is a fish keeper but GRR he's a saver lah.. Haha keep reusing stuff but I know the filters of his are EW so.. Yea! 10 bucks only? I've yet to go check out shops. But thanks for the eye openers!
Old 16-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #7
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Haha no! I buy it myself and Dad will say it's a waste of money. He too is a fish keeper but GRR he's a saver lah.. Haha keep reusing stuff but I know the filters of his are EW so.. Yea! 10 bucks only? I've yet to go check out shops. But thanks for the eye openers!
you welcome.
bro, whats grr and ew?
Old 16-05-2008, 12:42 AM   #8
AlastairSC

LOL expressions....?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (growling)

Ewwwwwwwwwww (eeeyer?) HAHAHAHa
Old 16-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #9
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
LOL expressions....?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (growling)

Ewwwwwwwwwww (eeeyer?) HAHAHAHa
hahaha, sorry i too uncle liao. not good in jargon expressions.
Old 16-05-2008, 01:02 AM   #10
ranchu_tan

Bro AlastairSC, another things to take note, this plastic tank after a while it will turn blur... so is best to get a glass tank.. maybe 2ft type one as bro butler and bro beng had suggested. A simple filter is good enough for 2ft tank and regular WC will helps your gfs to be healthy... enjoy the hobby.. good luck