Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 14-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
swilver

Default Seachem de*Nitrate

any bros have any idea how this product works?

found it on eAquanature website....it controls the nitrate level

any bros using this?
Old 14-10-2004, 03:16 PM   #2
KaLiB

I think its something similar to biohome. Its a biological filter media that encourages both nitrifying and dentrifying bacteria to grow.

Basically the pores create both aerobic and anaerobic zones, thus allowing both nitrifying and dentrifying bacteria to grow. I have my doubts about how effective they are in removing nitrates, since the amount of anaerobic zones is likely to be less than aerobic zones and can be affected by overall flowrate.
Old 14-10-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
Earthborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilver
any bros have any idea how this product works?

found it on eAquanature website....it controls the nitrate level

any bros using this?
I tried before a few yrs ago. Didn't work for me becos my nitrate level was way too high (>80ppm or mg?). I used to feel it was a expensive way to nitrate control. I think Azoo Absolute Zero Nitrate product is better.
Old 14-10-2004, 07:25 PM   #4
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthborne
I tried before a few yrs ago. Didn't work for me becos my nitrate level was way too high (>80ppm or mg?). I used to feel it was a expensive way to nitrate control. I think Azoo Absolute Zero Nitrate product is better.
moved to equipment forum
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2004, 07:27 PM   #5
devilfire

i tried b 4, it's useless
Old 14-10-2004, 10:26 PM   #6
Ekia

then what about bio-home... wonder if it works better?
Old 14-10-2004, 11:26 PM   #7
nim75sg

IMHO BioHome Plus (Red color) is the best biological media in terms of performance and must admit that it is expensive as compared to other media in the market.

Been using this 5 years ago in my Koi pond and never regret it. That's why I am using them for all my tanks (tropical and marine).

Seachem De-nitrate is effective for new tank setups when NO3 is near zero but if the NO3 is above 50ppm, it will takes a damn long to reduce the NO3 if there are no partial water changes.

Currently, my outside 6ft tank is using this media in the sump and will transfer them to a FR with a slower flowrate to yield better efficiency from the media.