Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 14-04-2004, 04:21 AM   #1
nothing
Arofanatic

Default Fitler ??

I got a eheim liberities. don know how to spell.. given by my friend... but i think the motor is spoilt... may i know how much is that filter cost?? or can i just buy the motor itself.. Or maybe got other filter can take over for my tank.. mine is a small tank..
nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2004, 10:01 AM   #2
KaLiB

I think it costs about $40-$50, should be cheaper for smaller models.

How small is the tank?
I think if budget allows, it'll be good to get a canister filter instead.
Otherwise, get another hang-on filter, just avoid the R*inbow one, mine leaked after a few months usage, probably the O ring hardened and caused a leak. If the filter comes with any activated carbon, safer to remove as activated carbon not meant for marine use can leech phosphates into the water.

Not sure if the motor can be replaced, but you can call up Qianhu and ask since they are the agent for Eheim. But i doubt the motor can be replaced.
Old 14-04-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
nothing
Arofanatic

ar.. Thanks.. still within my buget... can i ask u where to get a small small type of protien skimmer?.. because.. if the protien skimmer too big... not nice when i put into my tank.. hehe..
Old 14-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #4
KaLiB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing
ar.. Thanks.. still within my buget... can i ask u where to get a small small type of protien skimmer?.. because.. if the protien skimmer too big... not nice when i put into my tank.. hehe..
Get a hang-on skimmer if your concerned about size,
Weipro is not too bad for its cost especially if your on a budget. Together with a matching powerhead(Weipro skimmers don't come with one), i think the smallest model(i think its 2011 don't think got 2010) can get at around $60-$70(cost of powerhead+skimmer). It should be good enough for small tanks of around 2ft.

Jebo also has a hang-on skimmer from what i can remember. Its quite a new product i think.

Can try the PR fishfarms, i remember seeing both Jebo and Weipro being sold at Mainland Fishfarm(located at No.1 Pasir Ris Farmway 1). If you live near Siglap, can go to Eaquarist's Place at Siglap Drive, i got my Weipro from them. They have the Jebo skimmer form what i recall.

There's a Red Sea Prizm skimmer which is also a hang-on skimmer, i think some of the bros here use it but it costs alot more think around $100+,$200. Not sure where to get this though.

If they cost too much, then the next best would of course be an air driven skimmer. I have used the orca skimmer before, not too bad as i managed to get black colour skimmate before. But you will need to replace the airstone with a wooden one(wooden airstones should be replaced frequently) for better skimming as the bubbles produced are finer. Most of the marine or fw/marine LFS should sell air-driven skimmers.
Old 14-04-2004, 06:26 PM   #5
retroboi87

what is hang on filter? any pic of it..
Old 14-04-2004, 06:32 PM   #6
KaLiB

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroboi87
Its just a filter that can be rested onto the tank walls.
Old 14-04-2004, 07:16 PM   #7
miracleman

Quote:
i got a pic of it in my gallery.... its under the "my 1st marine tank" gallery, the 1st pic.. juz look at the back wall, the one where the oyama paper is, and on top of the wall is hanging something... i think mine is the prizm one.. but its ex la... if can help it, get those normal ones lor.. ugly yes, but good? also yes.. u definately want the best for ur fish rite?? if i cld afford, i wld buy the best skimmer, but too bad no $$ hafta settle for a weipro..
Old 14-04-2004, 07:18 PM   #8
miracleman

Quote:
btw, i wld post the pic here, but i dunno how to.. sorry..
Old 14-04-2004, 07:32 PM   #9
retroboi87

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracleman
btw, i wld post the pic here, but i dunno how to.. sorry..
thx mircaleman is hang on filter better on those so called luo han filtration better?
Old 14-04-2004, 11:31 PM   #10
nothing
Arofanatic

can i know where to get those small air skimmer??.. those using air pump to skim off the protien.. i need a small one.