Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 22-03-2004, 08:18 PM   #11
mansiz

The I-box is for tank without holes predrilled before you set up the tank. I too have not yet seen the product, but its a hang on back accessory that help you draw water from your tank, to another tank or tub or whatever water holder below (sump), and you can put all your skimmers, filters, cooling fan (if ya using one) or whatever you can think of below at the sump. It will make your display tank look bigger and nicer without those skimmers etc. And a pump will pump water back up to the display tank. BTW in this way, your water volume is increased, and it would be better.
Old 24-03-2004, 11:39 AM   #12
mansiz

Help, the I-box got some noise, bubble boo boo noise (like water draining noise or maybe should said like a person in the swimming pool blowing bubbles sound). How to stop this sound ah?
Old 24-03-2004, 09:36 PM   #13
aquacraz

Any photo of the I-box and a typical installation photo.
Old 24-03-2004, 11:00 PM   #14
devilfire

Quote:
Originally posted by mansiz
Help, the I-box got some noise, bubble boo boo noise (like water draining noise or maybe should said like a person in the swimming pool blowing bubbles sound). How to stop this sound ah?
Try looking at the top of the siphon tube. there shd b a hole 4 compensating air. it shd not b block.
Old 25-03-2004, 09:34 AM   #15
mansiz

Ya there is a hole, actually the i-box noise is still alright, just like a drain when water goes down, its the sump, I connected the I-box to a soft tube, and let is drain down the sump, and the tube gave out a lot of big bubbles, and got those boo boo sound. Is it like that for all of you who uses i-box? And those big bubbles are popping water, water splashing from the sump. I uses a book wrapper plastic to cover up the whole sump. It work out fine, just the noise now.
Old 25-03-2004, 09:48 AM   #16
iaqua

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed out on the thread. I'm Ian of I~Aqua products.

mansiz:- your explanation on the use of the I~Box is PERFECT! Thanks.

Regarding the noise I need to ask you a few questions.

- What's the flow rate of your return pump?

- How big is your tank?

- Did you use PVC pipe or flexi hose to connect you I~Box to your sump?

aquacraz :- You can check out my website. There are loads of pictures there.

For locations on shops that carry my products, look under "Purchase" then "LFS" or "OnLine"

For more information on my products ClIcK HeRe!
Old 25-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #17
iaqua

Opps i think hejusts answered my question.

mansiz the outlet into your sump should be covered to prevent water sprays. One way is to place wool over the out let but do not block the flow. Do you have any pictures?

Here is a picture of one of my I~Tub with a cover for the inlet.
Old 25-03-2004, 05:46 PM   #18
mansiz

Hi Ian!!

I uses soft pipe for the water flows from the I-box to the sump, and hard PVC pipes for the power head back to the display tank.

By the way, I can use hard PVC pipes for connecting the I-Box to the sump? i bought this at E-Aquarists place, a friendly seller told me cannot use hard pipes, he said the connection at the bottom of the I-box will not fit hard pipes. I wish I could use hard pipes, because I'm afraid the soft pipes would drop down any minutes (but I did my best to make it as firm as possible), if it drops down, it would be terrible. Hmm, btw another question, I find that the I-box is quite heavy when it operates, will my tank cracks? I did'nt hang any thing else besides the I-box, all is below at the sump. Mine is a 2-feet tank with a 2 feet sump.

I cover my sump with plastic book wrapper, quite good at defending. It seems to block water well. And my powerhead which pump water up from the sump to the display tank is 2300L/Hr. Or 605 Gallon per hour.
Old 26-03-2004, 10:28 AM   #19
iaqua

Hey mansiz,

Using the flexi "soft" is ok as long as you get the proper fit. Goos pipes are ehiem, or washing machine hose. Also use a hose clip. Get the 100% stainless steel type. It cost more but it's worth it. My I~Box use to come with the connector for hard PVC pipes but most guys don't know how to do plumbing work and rather the using flexi hose. That's why I changed them all. It cost me more but the guys are happy.

The weight is not a problem as if you look carefully at the back box, you will notice that only the small chamber and the durso area is with water. You cannot consider the internal box as it is actually "floating" in your main tank display water. I have guys using my I~Box for over a year in a cheap thin 2ft tank without any problems.

Need more info feel free to ask!

Regards

Ian