Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 15-04-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
slcw

Default triple view aquarium divider

i am going to move into a condo.

i wish to create a aquarium as a divider between the living room and the rest of the house. Upon walking into the condo, i shall see the aqurium b4 the rest of the condo.

Question: any of u knows or have pic of aquariums used as dividers in the house?
Old 15-04-2004, 10:54 PM   #2
ah goh

bro u can go geylang lor12. got 1 lfs named hawaill specialized in making aquarium divider.
Old 16-04-2004, 12:23 AM   #3
deep_end

Steven,

Quite a no. of people actually do this, and in fact, even where I'm staying now, the landlord does that. But his is a small 3.5' tank. I personally used to use a 4' tank in my condo to do that.

What you should look for is a tank that is wider than normal, the length and dependent largely on your personal tastes. This is to facilitate LR positioning such that it won't be just a tall skinny ridge which is hard on which to place corals. A 3' wide tank would be very nice indeed. Definitely nothing less than 2.5' wide.

The overflow compartment can be on the side next to the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcw
i am going to move into a condo.

i wish to create a aquarium as a divider between the living room and the rest of the house. Upon walking into the condo, i shall see the aqurium b4 the rest of the condo.

Question: any of u knows or have pic of aquariums used as dividers in the house?
Old 16-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #4
imooi2001
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah goh
bro u can go geylang lor12. got 1 lfs named hawaill specialized in making aquarium divider.
haha hope he can fly to geylang some days... he stay KL side bro..
imooi2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2004, 07:35 PM   #5
unknown

i just completed doing the basic setup for my divider tank.. can check it out in my gallery..

i will need to do a major rescape of my LR though as i just dump all of them in the other night as i was too tired and the water too murky...