Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 13-09-2015, 10:05 PM   #31
byfun
Arofanatic

The civil sectors generally are well run and they obey the tendering process.

But when it come to top management or big project some dont even ask for tender and can be approved. These are the big ticket items and spending yet transparency is low. Same as Temasek and our gov who self advocate self check.... damn lame.

Suggest all government tender is via online whereby the bidding amount will even be unknown to the approval team until deadline is due. This will reduce insider working with tenderer and inform them of the lowest bid before the deadline.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #32
AlvinLeong
Dragon

I always try my best to tell people not to think our MP as estate manager. They are our Member of Parliament.

What does Member of Parliament means? MPs act as a bridge between the community and the Government by ensuring that the concerns of their constituents are heard in Parliament. (https://www.parliament.gov.sg/members-parliament)

In short, voice of the voters in Parliament. And what you discuss in Parliament? Surely not whether AMK ave 10 is dirty, drains not clean.....

They are there to discuss and formulate policies. Policies involving the life of Singaporeans. The town council will handle all the other things. You don't call the MP when you spotted the drain is choked right? You call the town council. So since when people start to link cleanliness of an estate to an MP?

I can tell you Singapore is getting more and more dirty even in PAP wards. It is the cleaners whether they are from PAP wards or Hougang/Aljunied, they are doing a good job. You try coming back at midnight and see the life lobby/letter box area, sure full of drink can, leaflet, rubbish.... by 7am when you go to work, everything looks nice and clean. That is the cleaners doing a good job, not the MP.

When the ruling party not lifting the party whip when debating/voting an important policy, I think this is all wrong. That is where we need alternative parties member of parliament to voice out our concerns.

Last edited by AlvinLeong; 13-09-2015 at 10:29 PM.
AlvinLeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 10:49 PM   #33
leeqf
Arofanatic

I voted for opps as I do not believe to have only a dominant party over the last few decades. As I am almost in my late fifties, I think to have a two major political parties in Parliament may not be realised during my time. Maybe during the next generation or even longer...
leeqf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #34
menthol28
Dragon

I don't know why there's like 70% but majority are really the silent and afraid to even admit they vote for PAP. Only those who supported opposition seems more open to admit
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 11:01 PM   #35
kool
Endangered Dragon

This show as below....Is it the reason of singaporean want to have this type MP when inside the parliament house caught sleeping or call it ability or capability?

Last edited by kool; 13-09-2015 at 11:03 PM.
kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2015, 11:53 PM   #36
Ben
Dragon

I think some people just want to have their cake and eat it. They want opposition voices and checks, but not in their own backyard please. That's how I interpret the results. I voted for opposition because PAP has been caught too many times doing the wrong things. No transparency, no accountability, excessive oppression and too much bs did it for me.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:01 AM   #37
lenghan
Arofanatic

One of the many reasons I wanted to see more Opposition is the check they can provide especially in our MSM.
It is full of pro-PAP propaganda and will spare no effort to promote them and at the same breath HIGHLIGHT the "ugly" side of those not in sync with them.
Of course I would not like to see radical unsubstantiated news, but at least a non-partisan reporting from reporters who DO NOT FEAR if there are truths and that we Singaporeans should be made known, instead of only news the govt wants us to believe.
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:05 AM   #38
Ong88

Prof SK Ong

Well if it's any consolation i am going to apply for pink ic.

Fiak the mongoloid monkeys in umno.

Just because it's a bad idea doesn't mean it won't be a good time.
Use imgur for your photos sharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.imgur.mobile
Ong88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #39
byfun
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
Well if it's any consolation i am going to apply for pink ic.

Fiak the mongoloid monkeys in umno.
In Malaysia, opposition is as hopeless as the government. Voters are more savvy they are just voting for the lesser evil and hope for the best. BN secure actually less than 50% nation wide.

In Singapore, the voters are hopeless even we have decent opposition.
byfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 12:36 AM   #40
jwhtan
Barney

Why are PAP voters so shy to speak their mind abt their reasons for voting PAP ?
Apparently, 70% voted PAP so the demographics, even at AF, should be at least near the percentage.

So why are they afraid to say I support PAP ?

1. I support PAP because I love Lee Hsien Loong ?

2. I voted PAP otherwise social stability will become chaotic ?

3. I voted PAP because WP is dishonest ?

4. I voted PAP because everyone loves a winner and I know PAP will win

5. I voted PAP because they have many Generals from the army ?
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote