Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #71
Aris
Arofanatic

Last time the mp came to my place, minion said cannot put bicycle along corridor because of regulations. I told him put downstairs get stolen, already 2 of ours stolen some time ago. So now bicycle put at home and everytime want to use must open the grill gates to push in and out as doorway too narrow.

Now I have moved to my new place, my neighbours have potted plants (big ones) from one end to the other end of the corridor taking up lots of space. I did not object to this, but why the double standards? Anyway I still keep my bikes in the house just in case.
Old 24-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #72
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Not very nice to call other ppl 3 legged just because they are keen to meet the MP or appreciate wad has been done for them.

Thou for my case, I always make it a point to keep the door closed when MP come knocking..
U misinterpret what I meant. 3 legged one are not those meeting them lah, are the runners.

Those that go round knocking on doors asking owners to open the doors and wait. Those that ask the cleaner to sweep the floor 3 levels ahead of them.

Last edited by Guppies Onli; 24-06-2015 at 09:25 PM.
Old 25-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #73
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post
U misinterpret what I meant. 3 legged one are not those meeting them lah, are the runners.

Those that go round knocking on doors asking owners to open the doors and wait. Those that ask the cleaner to sweep the floor 3 levels ahead of them.
I tell u something la....
Knock door also ppl scold.
Dun knock door ppl also scold.

Can never please everyone.

But whole family wait at door abit... over la..
Blackfish - u also join them at the door ar?
Old 25-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #74
globalcookie
Dragon

Good group of potential Malay-Muslim PAP candidates identified for next GE: Masagos
The Second Home Affairs Minister says the current batch of potential Malay-Muslim candidates is committed and 'quite different' from earlier ones, including himself.

By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia
POSTED: 24 Jun 2015 21:26

SINGAPORE: The ruling People's Action Party (PAP) has identified a good group of potential Malay-Muslim candidates for the next general election, which is due by January 2017. Second Home Affairs Minister Masagos Zulkifli revealed this in a wide-ranging exclusive interview with MediaCorp.

Mr Masagos said this particular Malay-Muslim batch is "quite different" from earlier ones, "particularly because they are committed and they are also single-minded about helping out, contributing to the party as well as to become part of the Government".

He added: “This is a big change from the past, including myself who was totally reluctant to participate in the leadership, to become part of the Government. And I think that is good because if they are committed, they are interested, (and) it is far, far better, easier for us to get them going, than if they are not."

At least seven potential Malay-Muslim candidates have been seen walking the ground and shadowing ministers. Mr Masagos said they come from both public and private sectors, and some women are among them.

The new faces that have been spotted include 42-year-old economist Saktiandi Supaat, who has been seen at Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC, 36-year-old research scientist Ismail Muhammad Hanif, at Jurong GRC, 36-year-old lawyer Amrin Amin, at Sembawang GRC and 46-year-old Deputy Director with SMRT, Kahar Hassan, who has been active in the opposition-held ward of Aljunied GRC.

Mr Masagos said most of the other potential candidates are in their early 30s: "Most of them are young and therefore they will have a very good long runway to learn about leadership and to be moulded into credible and reliable leadership for the community, as well as for the nation."

But even though some have been identified as potential new faces, Mr Masagos said it does not guarantee that they will be fielded at the next elections.

"The only one who knows who will retire is PM,” said Mr Masagos. "So we do not know if six, seven, eight, nine will move, leave or only one will leave. Therefore the people who have been identified and put in the various PAP branches to study, shadow the MPs, there is no certainty they will actually be fielded. It is also subject to who steps down and who does not step down."

Asked if the group is ready, Mr Masagos had this to say: "I don't ever know anyone who's ready you know? Even for myself, after I was elected, the kind of work I was exposed to, I could not imagine ... and therefore what they need is someone who can mentor them, particularly for the Malay-Muslim MPs, because they are not just leading their constituencies, they are also the vanguards for the Muslim community.

“Therefore, we have to guide them, teach them (and) embrace them to become reliable respectable leaders for the community.”

- CNA/hs

Very noble work serving the nation and residents hor!
Old 26-06-2015, 10:04 AM   #75
denser
Dragon

I dun open door not because I dun like them, just afraid they see my oversize tank in my house
Old 26-06-2015, 01:13 PM   #76
tian ya ren
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by denser View Post
I dun open door not because I dun like them, just afraid they see my oversize tank in my house
LOL
Old 26-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #77
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by denser View Post
and later they serve you summon.........
Old 26-06-2015, 03:51 PM   #78
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

when GE .............. This year sep ?? after SG 50AUG ?
Old 26-06-2015, 03:54 PM   #79
millenium
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli View Post

Yes. I also meant the runners. If really want feedback there are better ways.
Old 26-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #80
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAO LUO View Post
when GE .............. This year sep ?? after SG 50AUG ?
think more likely in Dec.......needs schools as the voting Centres......
Closed Thread