Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 07-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
globalcookie
Dragon

A true blue supporter of Opposition, and whom believe that we need a strong alternative voice (be it total change of gov or having more than 1/3 parliament) will not waiver in their support over all these.

In fact, the more under e belt shots the off-whites takes at Opposition, the more determine I will vote ANYONE (or even if they put in monkeys) put in by Opposition. Definitely not voting the off-whites.

Like The Noose 'interviewee' commented last week, "no matter what they do, it won't change the outcome (or decision) in 2016 one".
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
A true blue supporter of Opposition, and whom believe that we need a strong alternative voice (be it total change of gov or having more than 1/3 parliament) will not waiver in their support over all these.

In fact, the more under e belt shots the off-whites takes at Opposition, the more determine I will vote ANYONE (or even if they put in monkeys) put in by Opposition. Definitely not voting the off-whites.

Like The Noose 'interviewee' commented last week, "no matter what they do, it won't change the outcome (or decision) in 2016 one".
I personally feel.... support or not is 1 thing.

They should take more effort to protect themselves, esp for this case.

When something seems too gd to be true, it usually is.

And who actually reads WP website anyway. Not your average hawker who needs to elk a living
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
yeobt
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post

And who actually reads WP website anyway. Not your average hawker who needs to elk a living
gal, i try to believe that the WP actually trying very hard to minimize the damage, but if the rival wants to damage them, its hard to avoid.
yeobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
A true blue supporter of Opposition, .
but this " true blue supporter " is far and few between ......

and this is something PAP understands ........ every election, while the opposition talks abt free speech, real democracy and human rights, PAP talks abt lift upgrading, home enhancements, building of childcare etc municipal issues .... to the common electorate, this is what matters.

the number of votes the opposition wins in an election is not exactly support for the opposition ...... many actually vote against the PAP rather than for the opposition while those who vote for PAP actually vote for PAP and not against the opposition.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
globalcookie
Dragon

You have a point.
- Opposition voters, many are pissed and voted against the regime, thus voted Opposition.
- PAP voters, some are staunch voters, even fart smells like perfume.
- Gian pngs, vote because of freebies and whatever carrot thrown to them.
- Fart followers, pple whom just follow others blindly (my husband says pee is good, so i drink pee type)

I have never once voted for the ruling. Since my first ticket (Cheng San), I have been pro-Opposition. So far, WP has done an impressive job (imo) and tackle challenges objectively.

I can't clearly explain if I'm true blue Opposition, or voting against PAP. Maybe I'm confused. But I don't get taken in by the media, eg how they painted a picture of Dr Chee being the clown and embarressment (i remb that clearly, that pple used to label Dr Chee those... yet today some of these are supportive of Dr Chee).

As far as I'm concern, I'll continue supporting Opposition and provide constructive feedbacks to them if I think of any.

Like I told a friend (used to be pro-pap) whom said that those pple who said PAP didn't do enough to help the commoners, and if they did anything to bring pple to Grassroot to seek help. I asked in return, did the PAP reach out to those whom needed help (and not all knows where to get all the help they need)?

PAP knows where all the poor pple are. Just reach out to them by having talks over there and the message will spread. Not, "3 meals at e hawker, food court or restaurant" snap.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
jcchia
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
gal, i try to believe that the WP actually trying very hard to minimize the damage, but if the rival wants to damage them, its hard to avoid.
Revolution? U want to see 1 like the recent Turkey riots? Be sensible or thats not healthy to innocent fellow citizens or families.

If WP have strong backing or stand right, they shouldnt be afraid of all these damages.
And pointing to political back slash......

Those in the opposition wards knows better ....
jcchia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
loveikan
Arofanatic

Quote:

Cannot support Opp just for the sake of it. They must do their works and fire away correctly.

The comment by SG (in bold) is very crucial and WP must learnt from this episode.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
There's a old chinese saying.

无风不起浪. - No wind wun have waves.

Even thou I know hawker associations usually also play politics... but any sane politician will know better den to make them angry.

They are kinda heart and soul of a community... talk to MANY residents.. for every 1 person who buy chicken rice get told - the WP MP no gd, making them pay extra for the scaffolding, last time under PAP no need pay.

Recently have been seeing them gettin 1 slap after another.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #19
Humongous

Quote:
There's a old chinese saying.

无风不起浪. - No wind wun have waves.

Even thou I know hawker associations usually also play politics... but any sane politician will know better den to make them angry.

They are kinda heart and soul of a community... talk to MANY residents.. for every 1 person who buy chicken rice get told - the WP MP no gd, making them pay extra for the scaffolding, last time under PAP no need pay.

Recently have been seeing them gettin 1 slap after another.
If they are not deemed as credible and posing a serious threat to the regime... u think the pappies would even try to pick a bone in egg... this is obvious case of repeating a lie a 100 times it becomes a half turth then repeat a thousand it might just turn to truth...

I was at the 511 market and was chatting with some of the stall holders, from drink stall to bao stall , noodle stall plus chai tau kway stall... they said they had no issue with the WP management only a few of the pro pappist one try to 煽风点火。。。 吹毛求疵。。。。
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #20
hkh
Arofanatic

Wow.....with MND, NEA all going for blood.......WP has become the NEW ENEMY OF THE STATE..........
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote