Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #41
Spakase

Quote:
so what do you understand the sentiments to be?
Refer to my first sentence. It explains everything.

There are a lot of hypocrites everywhere, they set a standard for everyone else except for themselves.

Old 27-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #42
Spakase

Quote:
can a person who is less than perfect / non-purist voice an opinion on what is right or wrong of an activition/action without reference to the person ?
Anyone is allowed to voice their opinion as long as it is not offensive, vulgar, and etc, inappropriate comments can invite a raid on reputation, that is all.

I have read of a story of a prostitute who was about to be stoned in public, as it is the order of the day to "stone to death" anyone who is immoral. Someone asked the crowd that they can carry on if anyone of them is himself pure and not immoral. And they all walked away, because none of them fits the description. The same thing that applies here. Unless you yourself can stand the scrutiny of upstairs, don start throwing stones.

Old 27-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #43
richardg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
Anyone is allowed to voice their opinion as long as it is not offensive, vulgar, and etc, inappropriate comments can invite a raid on reputation, that is all.
so is conditional yes or conditional no?

Quote:
I have read of a story of a prostitute who was about to be stoned in public, as it is the order of the day to "stone to death" anyone who is immoral. Someone asked the crowd that they can carry on if anyone of them is himself pure and not immoral. And they all walked away, because none of them fits the description. The same thing that applies here. Unless you yourself can stand the scrutiny of upstairs, don start throwing stones.
ha heard this more than 30 years ago, in school.
"Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone".
In this case, as in an internet forum, can "casting a stone" apply?
Lets not mixed it up, we can not physically nor indirectly "cast any stone"
since this is a private forum.

imho, its fine to discuss, give an opinion, even a wrongdoer can tell whats wrong and whats right, but that they did wrong, they pay the price.
ha maybe a wrongdoer can detail better having the benefit of experience.

no one is about to be burnt at the stake here.

2 cents, peace.
Old 28-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #44
Spakase

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase

so is conditional yes or conditional no?

Quote:

ha heard this more than 30 years ago, in school.
"Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone".
In this case, as in an internet forum, can "casting a stone" apply?
Lets not mixed it up, we can not physically nor indirectly "cast any stone"
since this is a private forum.

imho, its fine to discuss, give an opinion, even a wrongdoer can tell whats wrong and whats right, but that they did wrong, they pay the price.
ha maybe a wrongdoer can detail better having the benefit of experience.

no one is about to be burnt at the stake here.

2 cents, peace.
What I have said is plain English.

Understand it, or try to make some gibberish out of it. You want to throw the stone so be it. This is not a religious forum, you do as you please, okay?

Old 28-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #45
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Refer to my first sentence. It explains everything.

There are a lot of hypocrites everywhere, they set a standard for everyone else except for themselves.
i feel the sentiments (ie what people in general are thinking and feeling) now is not whether he did right or he did wrong or whether he ought to be crucified (to keep up with the innuendos, heheh) for what he did.

I think the sentiments now is one of wastedness for the WP. They were on the cusp of greatness, brink of history, start of doing something really special. And then this chap go and do something totally stupid and open WP to unnecessary attack and disparagement, and we know the PAP pack and their SPH underlings is always loitering at the edge, baying for blood. And our dear friend must go and give them an opening.

and i don't think people are setting standards for him, at least not at this stage. People just want him to come out and refute or admit, not a whimpy i am "i am not responding to rumour" statement. WTF was that in the context of an accusation of adultery?!

I am pretty amoral when it comes to the deed, but the PR and political handling of the situation has been a joke so far. and if he really gone into hiding, then he deserves all the shit he is getting. really expect more from WP.
Old 28-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #46
Spakase

Quote:
i feel the sentiments (ie what people in general are thinking and feeling) now is not whether he did right or he did wrong or whether he ought to be crucified (to keep up with the innuendos, heheh) for what he did.

I think the sentiments now is one of wastedness for the WP. They were on the cusp of greatness, brink of history, start of doing something really special. And then this chap go and do something totally stupid and open WP to unnecessary attack and disparagement, and we know the PAP pack and their SPH underlings is always loitering at the edge, baying for blood. And our dear friend must go and give them an opening.

and i don't think people are setting standards for him, at least not at this stage. People just want him to come out and refute or admit, not a whimpy i am "i am not responding to rumour" statement. WTF was that in the context of an accusation of adultery?!

I am pretty amoral when it comes to the deed, but the PR and political handling of the situation has been a joke so far. and if he really gone into hiding, then he deserves all the shit he is getting. really expect more from WP.
I did say I understand the sentiments. After reading your post, I cannot say anything else.

I don like what the garment is doing, coz I know it is not for the people, it's for selfish purposes, and all because of one man's doing. We have an opp that seems to be able to put up an alternative. And along came a potential "scandal".

If I may say so, all kinds of people run for government. Everyone has some weaknesses, it's the extent, how far we have allowed the weakness to get hold of us. Can we say Mr XYZ who has lost millions in Suzhou is better than Mr ABC whom people like but now could have committed adultery?
If you are a judge, who would you penalise more? One is a financial idiot who should not be in a position of power in the first place, and another is a person who gave in to his desires.....

Maybe just execute the both of them if you are a tyrant. Or you could try to see who err more and cause more misery to others. When you come to such a stage, you won't be human anymore.

Should you judge now? Even before all the facts are known?

and even after, why do you need to judge, unless you yourself have never had any desire, never look at anoher woman, etc... you know what I mean.

Old 28-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #47
Spakase

Having said that, WP is not the only opp party and neither is Yaw the only opp member. Yaw do not represent the opp, neither do WP represent all opposition. You know who represents the Opp?

It's people who don't think the garment is doing what it should be doing.

So let's not get disillusioned with one man and one incident.

Hypocrites, noone likes them. The problem is they don seem to know it!

Old 28-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #48
Humongous

Quote:
Everyone has their own standards of what is wrong and what is right. Or shall we say, what is more wrong. I understand perfectly the sentiments. Let's just let the truth unfold. Personally, I don like people who are extremists and purists, in the first place they should look in the mirror and see a person that is perfect, clean of any desire or lust. And only if that person who looks back at them in the mirror is perfect can they start criticising others. Otherwise they are mererly hypocrites.
By getting oneself committed into marriage especially in his respective faith he has already committed an abomination unto his object of worship. But that hold no bearing to the public image that he have to uphold. Like it or not before he was out in the spot light no one would bother about him having tyrst or sexcapades, but by contesting in the GE , people would demand that their representative of their voice be of upright and forefront character.

The damage control will be better managed by been upfront and transparent, by doing a MIA does not help account for himself.

That's is a different between desire and allowing oneself to succumb to that lust and carried out action of betrayal, with no regards to the repercussion on those that are in the loop, and those that will be hurt... Then the saying that it might be due to a moment of folly and weakness, but how many moment of weakness?

There is something that is called self control, self restrain, walking away from situation where one might allow any situation to develop. The difference between a human being and lesser being is that man can think and rationalize the outcome of one action.

Old 28-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #49
Humongous

Quote:

You read and subscribe to fairy tales?

Old 28-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #50
Spakase

Quote:
youu read and subscribe to fairy tales?
Adultery is not the act of sex with another married woman, it's the desire, the hunger, the look....so anyone of you have never committed "adultery" in your life can happily throw the first stone at Yaw.

Yes, I do subscribe to the bible, if you call it fairy tales, I can't change your mind.

Closed Thread