Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 09-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #61
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bench View Post
Probably we would survive, but will we prosper? Have you guys watched the political forum show on CNA? The opposition were rubbish, not sure of them leading.
Prosper i wld think yes.
It's only how fast u wan the ctry to prosper at
Too fast, how abt those Tat can't catch up n gets left behind?

Are we gonna leave them behind to fend for themselves, labeling them as lazy, stupid, ignorant and complain kings/queens

Or is it time we take a step back to take a breather?

Not so sure who u referring to as rubbish, I didn't managed to catch all, but some opp guys, esp frm wp were holding up quite ok
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:00 PM   #62
Spakase

Some of the greatest people leading governments never got straight As, some of the greatest entrepreneurs were school dropouts.

What they had in common was a passion, and if it is to lead a country, it is passion for the people. This is something IMO, many cannot find now.

If we look at the opp, it's a bunch of incoherent stout hearted people forming like 80% upwards, then we have the straight As people, in fact Chen was top student in NJC in 1979, and that's not an easy feat. The difference between this high IQ guy and the hordes of them in the other camp is that he can make a difference, the others will simply continue the same sad story of raising taxes, optimising misery for SG people, and trying to justify their miserable schemes. Not all scholars are the same, the IQ may be there, but the heart, where the hell is it? So what's so bad about the opp that makes people think SG will fail if they take over? What we need is a stout hearted guy who has a passion for people, one who is driven to strive for the people. Along the way, we may stumble, but at least we know that our leaders care for us and would not short change us. Now when I look at all those straight A guys coming in, all I can see on their faces is one big sign.

A Dollar!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #63
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

The time for half measures and small talk are all but over.

Did any f thing happen in the last 5 years?... Nothing.

Will any f think happen in the next 5 years?... Nothing, if u continue to think like maybe slowly abit soso oklah canlah nothingmeangoodlah...

Let 3 GRCs die... and nothing will become something.

Take aljunied... take the one they field 27 year old... and take one hiong hiong one... LHL or GCT grc.
BubbleBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #64
smellyfish
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
in fact Chen was top student in NJC in 1979, and that's not an easy feat.
A Dollar!
Chen was top A level student in Singapore in 1979...
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:27 PM   #65
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bench View Post
Probably we would survive, but will we prosper? Have you guys watched the political forum show on CNA? The opposition were rubbish, not sure of them leading.
Checks are tight, only those FEW are accessing country's funds. Can I ask, what's ur view of LKW's daughter-in-law, PM Lee's wife, Ho Ching investment strategy? So did ur PAP appointed person made many gd investments? Prosper? I think we can afford e risk of opposition, can't hv made worst decision that her.

Political forum... u r picking on flaws, but oblivious of e gd ones. I saw e minister nodding in agreement several times. Were u watching or sleeping when Dr Vincent n Gerald spoke? I need not say further
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 PM   #66
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
Some of the greatest people leading governments never got straight As, some of the greatest entrepreneurs were school dropouts.

What they had in common was a passion, and if it is to lead a country, it is passion for the people.
So true and well defined.
Occellatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM   #67
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool View Post
Agree, struggling survive...not relaxation survive...hahahaha
Agree simi la ........ GO LIM KOPI la........ voted to opp . Mai chat seo shiang .......... vote lor tio liao
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote