Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #101
winkelhock
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-fanactic View Post
Here is the picture of my previous koi. Kept in 6 ton water. 13ftx5ftx5ft FGT outdoor. Already feel the limit with a low stock.... Miss them at times and also remember those days of bringing koi to competition....preparing for benching on the night before.....following the judges and see their decision....wait to see our koi going into the winning tank....sometimes see koi up the lorry.....those were the days.....

http://www.arofanatics.com/members/a.../mykoiforsale/
Nice shiro and Asagi bro,i like!!
winkelhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #102
aroflim

Quote:
Here is the picture of my previous koi. Kept in 6 ton water. 13ftx5ftx5ft FGT outdoor. Already feel the limit with a low stock.... Miss them at times and also remember those days of bringing koi to competition....preparing for benching on the night before.....following the judges and see their decision....wait to see our koi going into the winning tank....sometimes see koi up the lorry.....those were the days.....

Yes. Those days were fun when Koi was hot in Singapore, the yearly Koi show at the old Singapore Exhibition Hall was big event with many LFS and Farms taking part. And hobbyists gathered at Koi farms at night waiting for the shipment to be unloaded and rushing to grab the best Koi were something. Kois were sold even when they were still in the plastic bag.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #103
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Quote:

bro come back to join us. i am sure this time if you back to the hobbie sure will have lots of fun cos AF here got 40++ koi lover to share you and their happy time with.by the way your koi really looks nice
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #104
george sim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cucumber View Post
Hope to see more of the ultimate ornamental fish...

Koi water management is by for the most advanced.

1. Boon Lim - aroflim
2. Ah Hock-Winkelhock
3. terence28
4. Kagemaru
5. Bluesotong
6. Jay1970
7. goldfish&koi
8. Chris
9. TRIX
10.KongMing
11. Showa
12. inertia4
13. boonleong
14. Aqua-fanactic
15. ranchu_tan
16. Ezman
17. hansreef
18. Cry059
19.LUC (if need to verify call90477350 cos out stationed)
20.jiujiujiu
21. Boyx2
22. Solitaire
23. rosle atin
24. koji™
25. root
26.westiee
27.Leong68
28.PeeCeeBee
29. D24
30. RBT
31.mr tiger
32. BuTLeR
33. Tankw
34. sheng
35. kspkcm
36.arorules
37.JosephIgnatius
38. beng66
39. PLee
40. Ginger
41. resbh
42. moscowblue
43. cucumber
44. George
44. George
Old 10-12-2008, 05:29 PM   #105
D24

AFC Committee

Approved or Rejected? Got good news must email or pm me hor..... Thx

D24
D24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #106
cavallino
Administrator

45. cavallino: don't know much about them, but they're cool.

Guys, I have been talking with John and the moderators, and this is where we stand.

At the bottomline, there really isn't enough to justify a whole KOI section by itself, at least not yet.

A simple search doesn't yield that many KOI threads to begin with, and another section would stretch existing management bandwidth.

The latter factor is very easily resolved, if the demand justifies it, we will enlarge our bandwidth. The real question is how much demand is there, and how sustainable that demand is.

I do realise it's a bit of a chicken- and- an- egg. If we don't set up a dedicated section, the demand may have trouble ramping up. But in the absence of enough demand to justify a section to begin with, we're rather hesitant to open up a dedicated section.

This is what we're putting on the table now; that if the Goldfish moderators are agreeable, we would rename this section Goldfish & KOI (yes we all know they are very different fish).

We may or may not install a KOI moderator in this section on the onset, but at least all the KOI threads can accumulate in this semi- dedicated section.

If demand for KOI threads does not fatigue by the 3rd month or so, then I'm sure we can revisit the issue again.

Cheers,
Stanley
cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 07:17 PM   #107
terence28

Hi Stanley,

First of all, we're deeply honoured to have u on board as No.45!

Thanks for hearing us out & taking the trouble to consider the feasibility of our request. What you have put on the table is fair for all parties, and your explanation is very easy for any reasonable person to accept.

If the Goldfish guys dun mind us sharing the section, we're most happy to contribute here, afterall some goldfish are top view & some koi can be side-viewed and vice versa.

My main point (which you have adequately addressed) is that anyone visiting AF should be able to easily recognise that there are koi hobbyists here and koi threads here. Whether we can or shld have a dedicated koi section is not too important at this point of time. But i'm very happy to have this concession for a start. It leaves us, the koi hobbyists, to make it or break it.

I wish to register my gratitude to you, John, and all our Mods (who took on the thankless task) for hearing us out & making this concession for us.

This is definitely the best fish forum in the world.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #108
cucumber
Senior Dragon

Good move by the admins.

Just read thru some koi threads, the koi enthusiasts are sharing some real quality stuff, at least from my newbie p.o.v... Keep up the good work guys, I long time no see such good discussion liao.
cucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #109
BubbleBubble
Senior Dragon

Or, want to throw in entire family? Cyprinids: goldfish, koi and stuff.

That means, zebrafish and rasbora also inside.
BubbleBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #110
san37
Arofanatic

1. Boon Lim - aroflim
2. Ah Hock-Winkelhock
3. terence28
4. Kagemaru
5. Bluesotong
6. Jay1970
7. goldfish&koi
8. Chris
9. TRIX
10.KongMing
11. Showa
12. inertia4
13. boonleong
14. Aqua-fanactic
15. ranchu_tan
16. Ezman
17. hansreef
18. Cry059
19.LUC (if need to verify call90477350 cos out stationed)
20.jiujiujiu
21. Boyx2
22. Solitaire
23. rosle atin
24. koji™
25. root
26.westiee
27.Leong68
28.PeeCeeBee
29. D24
30. RBT
31.mr tiger