Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 23-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #71
FanAromatic
Dragon

Hi Bro vic, first of all, congrats to your mega project, it is an extraordinarily project, especially building it at a high floor with good view outside, I can imaging enjoying kopi at one corner, the other corner admiring all your fishes and turning one side to see the other good view outside, life is never the best like this enjoyment.

One question; do you need permit for such a huge project? my apologies, if I ask wrongly. Thanks.
FanAromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #72
wuchun
Dragon

A Spending power project.Tks for sharing
wuchun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #73
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiNd.feNg View Post
wah bro siao siao this one really no joke! any other exotic fishes other than your arowanas?

can i come down to see next time when it's fully done up? .. btw, the plants panel you should've grown some phalaenopsis LOL!

exotic means special care....like rays with aro looks good but headache when aro is sick....cuz rays are sensitive to med.

Sure...haha I scare phalaenopsis roots anyhow grow...but can consider small one
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #74
troutsalmonlove
Dragon

Very nice tanks.. What I can say is speechless.. Very impressive work to be done. Congrats for smooth project bro! All e best and happy aro-keeping
troutsalmonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #75
pisces134

Wow I am impressed !! Such a sight when done. Btw, I noticed the length of your space is 17ft, any reason why you stop at 9ft? Any weight problem?
Old 23-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #76
deimos8
Senior Dragon

impressive..........................
deimos8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #77
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic View Post
exotic means special care....like rays with aro looks good but headache when aro is sick....cuz rays are sensitive to med.

Sure...haha I scare phalaenopsis roots anyhow grow...but can consider small one
haha you can keep exotic but hardy fishes like bichirs, rarer cats like tigrinus, bolt cats, wallago etc.. maybe a gaint pleco?

mid level, with such a big tank... a huge school of blue hooks will be super ..

haha.. small phal i have you can come take .. if bloom above the tanks sure looks nice hahaha....
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:01 PM   #78
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanAromatic View Post
Hi Bro vic, first of all, congrats to your mega project, it is an extraordinarily project, especially building it at a high floor with good view outside, I can imaging enjoying kopi at one corner, the other corner admiring all your fishes and turning one side to see the other good view outside, life is never the best like this enjoyment.

One question; do you need permit for such a huge project? my apologies, if I ask wrongly. Thanks.

Thks.

Thats what I have in mind when i bought the property...wanted something that offers privacy with outdoor space too...groundfloor unit offers big space..but u risk neighbours throwing stuff down from above...and of cuz not much privacy since the space is opened to others eye too.

So only way is to consider penthouse... however such unit will have structural and stress issue when we place our big tanks...therefore have to spend some $ to engage PE engineer to do proper reinforcement

Since it is private...juz make sure the management dun make noise ok liao...and since it is done within my area and out of others eyesight...I didnt inform management...hahaha anyway I have PE endorsement to show it is done safely shld they ask
Old 23-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #79
WiNd.feNg
Dragon

oh yah, one more question...

the 2x 4ft tank by the side.. will be for quarantine sick fishes etc? or got other special plants for them?

i can just imagine the total cost of your medias alone for the 9ft tank... if all biohomme..... .... die !
WiNd.feNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #80
vic
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisces134 View Post
Wow I am impressed !! Such a sight when done. Btw, I noticed the length of your space is 17ft, any reason why you stop at 9ft? Any weight problem?
long time to see u post...

Weight and logistic issue. My original plan was a 12-13ft tank

Any more heavier I need to reinforce the floor massively...thats alot of $$ and by itself is a big job. Normal load for flooring is about 5000kg/m2. At 12ft it is very close to that limit. My PE engineer was oready jumping up n down at 9ft....haha

Logistic cuz I can't fit 12ft glass panel into my lift...max it can go is 9ft...and Sgbros good as they are, cant bring it up by stairs...it will kill them