Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss > Pet Loss

Old 18-04-2004, 07:18 PM   #1
Aces
Arofanatic

Default My first RTG died last month

Yea.. due to the water problem my first WH RTG is died.. Just bought for a week.. quite sad left with the certificate.. -o- it would not stop me from the hobbies and the next arowana I am going to get is a PG! Me would neva be beaten by my hobbies..
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
ken_yg

My condolences.
Good to understand the causes of your losses & make sure u know how to prevent repeat of such incidences.
Generally before introduction of aro, best to ensure that one got tank big to hold aro for life, good filtration & tank is fully cycled. Get it right, & I'm sure you will find this hobby interesting & rewarding.
Old 18-04-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
Edge

Condolences bro ...
Old 18-04-2004, 08:23 PM   #4
Pendian
Dragon

Sad & unfortunate. May your Aro RIP.
Pendian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 08:31 PM   #5
lierudy

Condolences bro
Old 18-04-2004, 08:45 PM   #6
Aces
Arofanatic

thanks all. I think it's due to ph problem and my arowana never recover from the stress due to transportation and new enviroment. I learn a lesson from keeping arowana. I had keep pearl and green before and they are quite hardy. I don't expect my third arowana to die in just one month.. Really sad but I would pick myself up. Nothing can stop me from enjoying my hobbies and it's not end.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2004, 04:08 AM   #7
Desolator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces
thanks all. I think it's due to ph problem and my arowana never recover from the stress due to transportation and new enviroment. I learn a lesson from keeping arowana. I had keep pearl and green before and they are quite hardy. I don't expect my third arowana to die in just one month.. Really sad but I would pick myself up. Nothing can stop me from enjoying my hobbies and it's not end.
RIP. What PH problem?
Old 19-04-2004, 12:24 PM   #8
Asian

Default Condolence

Bro, my condolence. Same thing happen to my friend 2 X Rtg last 2 weeks. Both RIP together after water changes. He called me and I went there to check the water ph, found between 4 to 4.5 ph level too acidic. Check tap water directly and found OK at level ph7. Later find out the OHF sponge and white cotton wool was replaced at same time, so suspect the caused of too acidic ph. As anti-chlorine and salt was added and tested that ph maintain at level 7. It happens after 18hrs water changed. Just to share some experience.
Old 19-04-2004, 01:55 PM   #9
PraZarO

my condolences
Old 19-04-2004, 02:32 PM   #10
kevinlaikf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces
Yea.. due to the water problem my first WH RTG is died.. Just bought for a week.. quite sad left with the certificate.. -o- it would not stop me from the hobbies and the next arowana I am going to get is a PG! Me would neva be beaten by my hobbies..
Don't be sadden, I lost my 1.5+ year old RTG last week too..
Died of infection while holding it in a temporary tank when the new 5ft tank is being cycled. The RTG don't have a chance in the new tank before it died.

I suppressed my grief by getting a cheaper aro to fill up the void (emptiness).

Now I am slowly getting back by appreciating the new aro.

Anyway, did you removed the chip?
I had mine removed.. its really sad to have to cut open your beloved dead RTG to get the chip out.