Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 30-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
WaveSurfer
Arofanatic

Smile Discussions on Freshwater Eels

Hi all,

I bought three Freshwater Eels from Y618 over the weekend, and based on Internet search, they appear to be American Eels (Anguillidae). Here's a pic of them (all three are in the photo; see if you can spot them):

So far they have looked healthy and are eating (I feed them frozen bloodworms and terabits, haven't seen them eating the latter yet). They will swim around the tank occasionally and spend most of the time sticking their heads out from the PVC pipes.

I have also purposely lowered the water level since I've read they are great escapists. Hopefully they also do not have reason to want to escape from the tank.

They gave us a scare few days ago when we saw them flipping sideways or completely belly-side-up, only to realise that they were resting/sleeping. Thought something bad was happening to them.

So does anyone here have freshwater eels in their possession now? Feel free to share your experiences and tips!
WaveSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote