Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 16-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
arogab

Default Young Moors doing the Chase

Brudders,

Some thing bad, i found that among my 5 Orandas there is only one male. Poor young male might have to work very hard.

Leaving this aside, i just got a heater to raise the temp to 20 degrees, waking up at 6am daily to observe, but found out my Moors are doing the chase more than the Orandas.

The bad thing is this pair is still rather small, they are just about 2plus inches in body length. Though i think the male one is of very good quality, long beautiful fins and tail with nice body in good ratio the tails.

Can anyone tell me if the Orandas is having too many females around, and is it ok if the 2 young moors are doing such acts?? I am worry about the moors being below age.
Old 16-04-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
peter porker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arogab View Post
Brudders,

Some thing bad, i found that among my 5 Orandas there is only one male. Poor young male might have to work very hard.

Leaving this aside, i just got a heater to raise the temp to 20 degrees, waking up at 6am daily to observe, but found out my Moors are doing the chase more than the Orandas.

The bad thing is this pair is still rather small, they are just about 2plus inches in body length. Though i think the male one is of very good quality, long beautiful fins and tail with nice body in good ratio the tails.

Can anyone tell me if the Orandas is having too many females around, and is it ok if the 2 young moors are doing such acts?? I am worry about the moors being below age.
Your post reads like a math problem.

So how many fish do you really have?
Old 16-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Charlesnah
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker View Post
Your post reads like a math problem.

So how many fish do you really have?
Total 7? hee..
Charlesnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
arogab

Not 7 lah, total of 9 (5 Orandas, 4 Moors).

2 Moors were not involved in anything as yet. 2 of them now chasing around unless there is food.

The Orandas, 1 male to 4 females. Lau Bak Sai!! Wonder if i can get them ready in the next 3 months for the breeding.

Meanwhile, i need knowledge leh, you guys seems to be chatting away and i also become like this liao.

I am expert on the water chemistry and maintenance, just need to know the fish cos my past knowledge is on bettas, discus, aros and some others more simple species.

Some more the place i working here got funny weather lah - -Guizhou Province/Guiyang City ---Lao Sai place......besides weather, everything no good.
Old 16-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #5
Ivy

How long does it take for goldfish to mature and ready for breeding? 1 year?
Old 16-04-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
BENG66
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
How long does it take for goldfish to mature and ready for breeding? 1 year?
Usually goldfish are over 8 cm long before the sex is recognizable and they will breed. Males will get "nuptial tubercles" on their head, body, and fins when in breeding condition. Females can be easily recognized by their body shape. Their abdomens swollen with mature eggs.
BENG66 is offline   Reply With Quote