Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 07-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #211
kepala sakit
Dragon

Thomas, Imo, it is an avantage to turn on the UV full blast to minimize free float bact. in the main tank.
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #212
AhwinG
Dragon

very nice cross back pair. the sun is doing wonders to their shine
AhwinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #213
kepala sakit
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond_Ng View Post
Will the air stone be a problem if your aro decides to nakadashi the tama?

Need to take out the eggs meh? Brooder mouth is the most natural place for the eggs to form liao.
I guess, in natural habitat fishes are selective, they are able to swim/migrate to suitable places, wherelse, captive are confine space and more over bact. are more intense, relief eggs to nanny from the brooder is more conducive (unless an old bird with good knowledge in water chemistry, otw, heng suay lor).
Old 09-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #214
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Hi bro Dennis, can advise how you see from the video that there are free gloat bact and thus to turn ON UV light 24hrs? Can teach?

Honestly I do not know if the pair will breed or not. I will just leave them in this way for now and even if the eggs are laid, I will just leave them to handle themselves. But I highly doubt they will breed successfully....

Cheers
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #215
yokobellcandy

Awesome looking pond bro
yokobellcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #216
kepala sakit
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Hi bro Dennis, can advise how you see from the video that there are free gloat bact and thus to turn ON UV light 24hrs? Can teach?

Honestly I do not know if the pair will breed or not. I will just leave them in this way for now and even if the eggs are laid, I will just leave them to handle themselves. But I highly doubt they will breed successfully....

Cheers
I'm not reading from your pix nor the video. The bio-filter do not necessary culture 1 or 2 type of bacteria which many perceived, juz liken the chip scales what do u think is the causes. What do u think the chances of survival rate of newly fertilize egg when such overwhelming free float bact. are in the main tank?
Old 10-04-2015, 12:12 AM   #217
kepala sakit
Dragon

Imo. I'll set up FGT over the pond, pump (flow rate mild app. 1200~1800ltr/hr) water, rain bar and aeration via UV (Min 16 watts, preferably 32 watts) from main pond into FGT/large tank, the over flow water will flow back into the IOS...this'll not effect/causes any swing in the chemistry. I guess, this'll gib the fertilize eggs in the brooder for a better chance of survival.

Last edited by kepala sakit; 10-04-2015 at 12:17 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:29 AM   #218
octane
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLim View Post
Thanks for all the kind comments and really glad that you all like this fgt pond as much as I do. I am not sure why some bros could not watch the video. The videos are there and some of them might take a longer time to load, I guess. Probably to have a little more patient for it to load....

In the end, I decided to partition the pair in the pond. Below is a video to share. Cheers.

Just wondering if any expert could advise how do you know if the eggs are laid, or if the eggs are in the male mouth? Or is there any method to check? Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks.

perhaps observe if the male is feeding? if there's egg in his mouth, he'll stop feeding. otherwise is to closely monitor and peep in when he breathes.
octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:22 AM   #219
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Thks for the advise bro... Really appreciate.

Will observe and see how things go. Cheers.
Old 13-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #220
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

In the end, I remove the partition in my fgt as the suspected pair doesnt really 'glue' to each others. On the third day, they swim separately... Haiz....

However the pair in my office looks more promising 😊 below is a video. Not sure if the photobucket works this time? Hopefully this pair will continue to be so lovely... Lol

Btw any expert can advise which is the male in the office tank? Is it the male is the piece that 'jerk off' and produce the sound? Or is the female? Or could be either? Hope some experts can enlighten me on this. Cheers!