Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences

Old 20-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #31
nev
Senior Dragon

many red packets. prepare for CNY~~~~
nev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #32
Ozone

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
ok care to share what kind of enhancer?

cos i'd really like to do an experiment using on a normal red with no red covering forehead nor face...for learning experience

i'll update here on the progress

cheers
For that to happen you will need to heavily enhance it. And when it turns red, it doesnt look naturally as only synthetic enhancers is strong enough to do that. On the other hand, we are afraid of side effects like liver failure.
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #33
condor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
For that to happen you will need to heavily enhance it. And when it turns red, it doesnt look naturally as only synthetic enhancers is strong enough to do that. On the other hand, we are afraid of side effects like liver failure.
The master have spoken.
Thank you
Will take note
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #34
shayne
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nev View Post
many red packets. prepare for CNY~~~~
haha...but these cant give out la
shayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #35
shayne
Dragon

Quote:
Thks for the input.

wah...kidney failure! what kind or what's the specific name of the synthetic enhancers?

Have you tested and proven?

Pls do share your experience or best if have pictures,i'd like to see the extent is it similar to what i've posted. As in the red spread to forehead and face...

cheers
Old 21-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #36
shayne
Dragon

Do pardon my ignorance on discus...

As i've kept Aro n FH for years but i wont say im very experienced...

Its more like a gene thing when it comes to red...eg red aro...to achieve a full red mask aro would be a gene problem...no matter what enhancers we feed, those without the gene just wont cover full face...no matter the age..

for FH also base on its gene strongly when it comes to full body red or full head red....that is if without the gene no matter what enhancers we feed also useless...

What i'm saying is that in my limited knowledge on discus...if we feed enhancers to red discus...the forehead and cheek will be as EVENLY red as the body like what i've posted...like a one tone colour? and not just pink pigmentation?

and not because of its gene? thats why its forehead and face its evenly red as the rest of the body with original red colour?

Because Aro or FH if fed with so call strong synthetic enhancers....those parts originally without red colour will only appear very fake pink pigmentation....but not evenly red as other original parts...

So now if i take a natural red melon with white/beige colour without slightest red colour forehead and i feed it with synthetic enhancers...the whole part will be as EVENLY red as the body?

am i right?

Sorry for my 1001 Qs...im a very curious noob when it comes to discus

Just wanna learn more from this field shifus and no offence meant if i did any...my apologies

Cheers
Old 21-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #37
shayne
Dragon

Oh BTW im referring to the few pcs red in individual shots i posted.

And FYI i used T5 white light in the blue tank,maybe it appears too bright in pix?

Pls do share your thoughts
Old 21-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #38
Ozone

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne View Post
Do pardon my ignorance on discus...

As i've kept Aro n FH for years but i wont say im very experienced...

Its more like a gene thing when it comes to red...eg red aro...to achieve a full red mask aro would be a gene problem...no matter what enhancers we feed, those without the gene just wont cover full face...no matter the age..

for FH also base on its gene strongly when it comes to full body red or full head red....that is if without the gene no matter what enhancers we feed also useless...

What i'm saying is that in my limited knowledge on discus...if we feed enhancers to red discus...the forehead and cheek will be as EVENLY red as the body like what i've posted...like a one tone colour? and not just pink pigmentation?

and not because of its gene? thats why its forehead and face its evenly red as the rest of the body with original red colour?

Because Aro or FH if fed with so call strong synthetic enhancers....those parts originally without red colour will only appear very fake pink pigmentation....but not evenly red as other original parts...

So now if i take a natural red melon with white/beige colour without slightest red colour forehead and i feed it with synthetic enhancers...the whole part will be as EVENLY red as the body?

am i right?

Sorry for my 1001 Qs...im a very curious noob when it comes to discus

Just wanna learn more from this field shifus and no offence meant if i did any...my apologies

Cheers
Basically it's the same as FH when there is red pigmentation, some enhancers will make it even redder just like what you have experienced.
Ozone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #39
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Indeed Master with 42 tanks.

How you know liver failure? Post moterm? Does giving liver supplements like essentisle helps? Tks
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #40
condor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Indeed Master with 42 tanks.

How you know liver failure? Post moterm? Does giving liver supplements like essentisle helps? Tks
With 42 tanks
can do lots of hand on experience
esp when you see the batches after batches of juvs sales
condor is offline   Reply With Quote