Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 26-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #41
zhuangsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs View Post
1.5 years, usually shorter
Hi bro, thanks for the reply. much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensk View Post
Let us put it this way.
If you manage to breed it, its life span is unlimited.
haha, i know lar, but every single living thing will have a limited lifetime mah, curious to know what is the average lifetime of one crs. From your experience, do you know that is their average lifetime?
zhuangsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 10:27 PM   #42
Kensk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuangsw View Post
Hi bro, thanks for the reply. much appreciated

haha, i know lar, but every single living thing will have a limited lifetime mah, curious to know what is the average lifetime of one crs. From your experience, do you know that is their average lifetime?
Frankly you'be lucky if they live till 1 yr. Sometimes they just die on you suddenly although there is nothing wrong with the water. Others are still happily swimming about.
Old 27-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #43
zhuangsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensk View Post
Frankly you'be lucky if they live till 1 yr. Sometimes they just die on you suddenly although there is nothing wrong with the water. Others are still happily swimming about.
haha, ic.. thanks for sharing what you know. hmm, i guess there has'nt been any real official numbers out yet. unlike for fishes which one can get off a search from the internet.

any other body else would like to share their experiences on how long these little critters can live?

Thanks..
zhuangsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2007, 04:25 PM   #44
crs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuangsw View Post
haha, ic.. thanks for sharing what you know. hmm, i guess there has'nt been any real official numbers out yet. unlike for fishes which one can get off a search from the internet.

any other body else would like to share their experiences on how long these little critters can live?

Thanks..
mine is slightly more than a year.
Old 22-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #45
ujin27

Default Amatuer in crystal red shrimp

Hello guys,

i am new here....
i just bought 6 shrimps yest for the first time....keepin them in a foot n half tank......w juz a air pump n no filter.oso has a artificial wood and some weeds.... realised 1 of the 6 is preganant w red eggs btw its legs.....can they survive in such an enviroment? wo a filter how often muz i change the water n how shld i treat the water? pls adivce....i didn't specially treat the water juz used tap water n pump the water overnite b4 puttin the shrimps....heard water muz be cool....do i then need to blow a fan 24hrs? will a small clipon fan do? Thanks
Old 22-08-2007, 06:19 PM   #46
Natureman
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ujin27 View Post
Hello guys,

i am new here....
i just bought 6 shrimps yest for the first time....keepin them in a foot n half tank......w juz a air pump n no filter.oso has a artificial wood and some weeds.... realised 1 of the 6 is preganant w red eggs btw its legs.....can they survive in such an enviroment? wo a filter how often muz i change the water n how shld i treat the water? pls adivce....i didn't specially treat the water juz used tap water n pump the water overnite b4 puttin the shrimps....heard water muz be cool....do i then need to blow a fan 24hrs? will a small clipon fan do? Thanks
The shrimps won't last very long without filtration. Suggest get a hang-on filter at least for yr tank. On the fan 24 hr. Put some moss to absorb nutrients from the water and also on the FL light for 8 hrs a day for the plant. Change 10% water with overnight water once a week. Don't overfeed as this will dirty the water very fast.
Natureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #47
ujin27

Default Red Crystal Shrimplets

Dear all,

Firstly, Thanks Natureman for your reply.
I noticed shrimplets in my tank when i woke up in the morning....but when i on my air pump....i noticed the the shrimplet having difficulty swimming.....will this kill it and should i change to a lower power air pump? shld i still buy a filter cause i am afraid it might suck these shrimplets inside....lastly what food shld i feed it? shld i juz feed as normal or muz buy something special for it?
Thanks
Old 24-08-2007, 11:05 AM   #48
ujin27

Default Will adult shrimps attack shrimplets?

Dear all,

Also wld like to ask whether the 6 adult shrimps will attack the shrimplet?also so far i only notice 1 shrimplet....is this normal? only 1 birth out of the whole batch?
Old 24-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #49
plausible

Quote:
Dear all,

Firstly, Thanks Natureman for your reply.
I noticed shrimplets in my tank when i woke up in the morning....but when i on my air pump....i noticed the the shrimplet having difficulty swimming.....will this kill it and should i change to a lower power air pump? shld i still buy a filter cause i am afraid it might suck these shrimplets inside....lastly what food shld i feed it? shld i juz feed as normal or muz buy something special for it?
Thanks
use the air powered sponge filter.
Old 24-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #50
Natureman
Dragon

Quote:
Dear all,

Also wld like to ask whether the 6 adult shrimps will attack the shrimplet?also so far i only notice 1 shrimplet....is this normal? only 1 birth out of the whole batch?
Don't think adult shrimps attack shrimplets. It could be the water conditions that they die.
Natureman is offline   Reply With Quote