Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum

Old 18-08-2003, 09:53 PM   #1
leeqf
Arofanatic

Talking Dr Mallick Lushgro-Aqua LF

Can any bro advice whether the above liquid fertiliser by Dr Mallick
good or not. Thought of trying this brand. Thx for all ur comments.
leeqf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 11:04 PM   #2
code

It's good stuff, but just that it doesn't contain phosphrous. You might need to dose it separately.
Old 18-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #3
leeqf
Arofanatic

Talking

Thx bro code for ur comment. Btw heard e cost of a 500ml bottle
ard $8plus. Wat the dosage require for a 3'X1.5'X1.5' tank. Do
Dr Mallick sell phosphrous liquid.
leeqf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 11:53 PM   #4
code

Quote:
Originally posted by leeqf
Thx bro code for ur comment. Btw heard e cost of a 500ml bottle
ard $8plus. Wat the dosage require for a 3'X1.5'X1.5' tank. Do
Dr Mallick sell phosphrous liquid.
I dosed like 20ml per week last time for my 2ft, but ur mileage may differ depending on ur plant load.

Phosphorous is available in granular form as Potassium Dihydrogen Phosphate, think it's 4 bucks for 250g, dosage is ard 2-3 granular per week for 3ft. What i do to dose phosphate now is to mix 1/4 teaspoon into 100ml of water and feed 5ml daily. This would put in ard 0.2ppm of phosphate per day.

Last edited by code; 18-08-2003 at 11:57 PM.
Old 19-08-2003, 12:04 AM   #5
code

However, one downside of this fert is that fungus tend to grow in the liquid quickly if left unrefrigerated. That's why i have since switched to dosing Potassium using K2SO4, Magnesium using MgSO4, Nitrogen using KNO3, Phosphate using KH2PO4 and traces using Lushgro Micro.

Dosing 3.3ppm of K, 1ppm of NO3, 0.2ppm of PO4, 0.2ppm of Mg + few drops of LG micro on a daily basis.

Some plants growing like weeds now, requiring weekly trimming.
Old 21-08-2003, 03:13 PM   #6
Zysfer

Quote:
Originally posted by code
However, one downside of this fert is that fungus tend to grow in the liquid quickly if left unrefrigerated. That's why i have since switched to dosing Potassium using K2SO4, Magnesium using MgSO4, Nitrogen using KNO3, Phosphate using KH2PO4 and traces using Lushgro Micro.

Dosing 3.3ppm of K, 1ppm of NO3, 0.2ppm of PO4, 0.2ppm of Mg + few drops of LG micro on a daily basis.

Some plants growing like weeds now, requiring weekly trimming.
i recently bought the lushgro product from eco culture during the talk. as a beginner i my tank is still bare with only a few plants. if i am to use this product, how much dosage should i use? my tank is only 17 gallon cube tank..
thanx in advance!
Old 21-08-2003, 10:26 PM   #7
code

Quote:
Originally posted by Zysfer
i recently bought the lushgro product from eco culture during the talk. as a beginner i my tank is still bare with only a few plants. if i am to use this product, how much dosage should i use? my tank is only 17 gallon cube tank..
thanx in advance!
Would recommend you to dose ard 35ml per week with 40% water change weekly since you're on an estimative dose.

35ml of lushgro aqua will give - ard 30ppm K, 4ppm NO3, 0.9ppm Fe. You might want to dose it 5ml daily instead since Fe doesn't stay in water for long and livestocks won't take a sudden increase in nitrate well.

Also, you might also want to try dosing PO4 at around 3-4 granulars per week.
Old 29-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #8
higher

Quote:
Originally posted by Zysfer
thanx in advance!
Heh bro i was at the talk too with my dad.. kinda long winded talk but learnt abit more about the minerals needed..
Old 29-08-2003, 03:52 PM   #9
fastlee84

Quote:
Originally posted by higher
Heh bro i was at the talk too with my dad.. kinda long winded talk but learnt abit more about the minerals needed..
where did u sit? i was sitting next to the food nearest to the counter. i think i was the only malay guy sitting there. i think u notice that apart from the guys working there... lol
Old 29-08-2003, 03:58 PM   #10
higher

Dude.. i was the guy next to you... the guy on ur left.. hahah small world... u came late!