Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 24-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #51
sean&fishy

Bro nice fish ...thanks for sharing
Old 24-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #52
westiee
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo007 View Post
. For the BBRs I am currently using the hikari blue colour pallets, FBW and spinach too. I started to feed ranchu selection pallets for the smaller fishes on last week.
U might want to give atry on chorma pellets can get from petmart protein lvl over 60%,have to pound it into finer grain as i find it hard and mix it wif hikari or ranchu selection pellets ration abt 70%/30% chorma.Will improve on headgrowth n backbone.

Also try to feed more of FBW but do watch ur water condition,once ammonia start to shoot up likely ur fishes start to fall sick etc gill fluke..red patches.
westiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #53
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean&fishy View Post
Brother I still got a lot to learn from the bros/sis here in AF about the care takings and grooming skills for Top View Ranchus

Do update us on yours fishes development when you have time ok.
figo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #54
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean&fishy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by westiee View Post
U might want to give atry on chorma pellets can get from petmart protein lvl over 60%,have to pound it into finer grain as i find it hard and mix it wif hikari or ranchu selection pellets ration abt 70%/30% chorma.Will improve on headgrowth n backbone.

Also try to feed more of FBW but do watch ur water condition,once ammonia start to shoot up likely ur fishes start to fall sick etc gill fluke..red patches.
Bro Westiee you have any pics about the chorma pellets? Will go and look for chorma pellets during my next visit at Petmart

I'm feeding more FBW over the weekend.

One more question that I would like to ask, not sure if you have any Allergy reaction when handling of the bloodworm? To me, If I handle the blood worm with my bare hands after a while two of my fingers will be very itchy! Even if I washed my hands with soap and water immediately after I handle them, the itchy symptoms will still exist on my fingers, the handling instructions also stated it will cause allergy reaction!

Currently what I do is to wear a pair of gloves when handling the FBW, and wash my hand with soap and water immediately after used...
Old 24-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #55
goldfish&koi
Dragon

here is the link to chorma pellets packaging http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/in...rchase&catid=2
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #56
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish&koi View Post
here is the link to chorma pellets packaging http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/in...rchase&catid=2
Many thanks for the link brother! will go and check with petmart soon.
Old 24-05-2010, 12:20 PM   #57
FD3S
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo007 View Post

One more question that I would like to ask, not sure if you have any Allergy reaction when handling of the bloodworm? To me, If I handle the blood worm with my bare hands after a while two of my fingers will be very itchy! Even if I washed my hands with soap and water immediately after I handle them, the itchy symptoms will still exist on my fingers, the handling instructions also stated it will cause allergy reaction!

Currently what I do is to wear a pair of gloves when handling the FBW, and wash my hand with soap and water immediately after used...
i get similar problems too, bro. there has been suggestions formalin is used to preserve the FBW.

i try not to handle the cubes as much as i can.
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #58
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD3S View Post
i get similar problems too, bro. there has been suggestions formalin is used to preserve the FBW.

i try not to handle the cubes as much as i can.
I'm feeding more FBW aggressively over the weekend, about hourly interval with 2-3 cubes from early morning till evening, with FBW you can observed a significant improvement on the head side over the time......hai...too sad it will caused the itchy symptoms on our hand/fingers...
Old 25-05-2010, 01:11 AM   #59
Chinmo
Senior Dragon

Bro figo! your TVr collection impressvie man!
Chinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #60
figo007
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmo View Post
Bro figo! your TVr collection impressvie man!
Hi Bro. Current focus is to maintain the health of the fishes and improving on my weaknesses area...

When are you coming back into TVR??