Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 05-11-2020, 06:13 AM   #1351
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post
I think OGS days as United manager are numbered.
I think the players are throwing him under the bus just like what they did to Mou.
I think Everton game will be his last unless he wins it to prolong our pain
I don't think the players are throwing Ole under the bus but rather Ole self destruct. 101 games as mgr he still have not figure out who his starting line-up is.
His substitutions so far are very shocking. He has his personal favourites n biasness. For eg today BF was totally off his game but stayed on throughout. DVDB was pretty decent yet got replaced. What is so good about PP etc etc
Really very frustrating to watch him destroy the team
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:46 AM   #1352
loveikan
Arofanatic

Looked like ols days will be numbered not due to the defeat but the way we performanced, those horrendous defending, and too many poor decisions on the field.
The 1st goal by Istanbul, not sure who decision it is to put matic to guard ba because the former just cannot run at all.

And why took out Beek and put in PP who I felt served no purpose in the field. Wr cannot get the final ball through to the strikers.
With Beek, at least we still get the balls towards goal.

The only bright spark we had from our CL adventure was PSG also got beaten on then same day as well.

Last edited by loveikan; 05-11-2020 at 07:48 AM.
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #1353
KeeHuat
Dragon

Ruud Gullit waa asked during half time what Ole should do. He said Ole should stop listen to others and decide for himself who should play. He said if Ole doesn't want to play van de Beek at the start, then he should make that decision. Make sense that the manager should decide his team and live and die by it.

For the first goal, what were the players involved NOT THINKING. How can Matic be the last man. Matic is also to blame as he should see Ba is so far from him. Previously for corners, usually Wan-Bissaka and Shaw would be the last 2 guys at the back. I can only think that after the Arsenal match where both of them did not support the attack much that they were asked to support the attack more.

Some of the players should be responsible for their own performance and it's not always the manager or coaches at fault. In the matches where United played badly, the team play is so slow and there is no passing forward just sideways. Only when they are down and try to catch up that the tempo increases.

Last edited by KeeHuat; 05-11-2020 at 03:50 PM.
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #1354
lenghan
Arofanatic

Are we going to witness the sacking of Ole if we lose to Everton this weekend?
Every time such scenario appears, the players picked up and saved Ole's job.
I honestly doubt he will be lucky all the time.
Frankly we have a good squad of players (not world class though) to challenge the top 4 positions readily but who actually is our best starting 11?
No one knows for sure, with Ole's constant changing the team's formation.
Why is Bruno's form so bad the last few matches. Tired or disillusioned?
Why is Pogba still playing when he is not fit (well he admitted when he gave away the last penalty)
For every one good game SM played, 9 others are poor. Why?
Fred is a little better though on this same analogy.
Why buy DVDB when he has so little playing time and when he plays well, why take him off for the prima donnas?
The list goes on........

Haha...just ranting away because it is really frustrating to see my beloved club deteriorating at this rate
lenghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:27 PM   #1355
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Everton lost 2 in a roll.
You think Ancelotti will draw or lose this game?

Their striker Calvin Lewin is top scorer at the moment, and his playing style, I think Maguire and Lindelof cannot take him on.

Some of the players in this team had gone through at least 3 managers, from Moyes, LVG, and JM, yet they are still around.

The coaching team is not good enough and not daring enough to drop players with poor form. And this team have no wingers, which is what this club is all about.

Let's see what happen after this weekend. MP is waiting at the wings when the sack happen.
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:08 PM   #1356
KeeHuat
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moscowblue View Post

Let's see what happen after this weekend. MP is waiting at the wings when the sack happen.
I personally don't see that MP is so good. What has he won!!!

He was linked with so many top clubs in Europe this season but none took him. Doesn't this tell you something about him.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:36 AM   #1357
KeeHuat
Dragon

It's Everton next and while we should go for a win for every match, I think Ole will not want another loss.

In midfield, it's likely that McTominay and Fred will play. While they may not be creative at least they run, chase and are guaranteed to provide cover for the back line. Martial should play after his 3 match suspension is over.

Matic, Pogba and van de Beek will likely be out. Matic who is experienced and could not see Ba so far away and this led to the 1st goal against Istanbul Basaksehir. Pogba who has given away 2 penalties against Spurs and Arsenal. van de Beek is competing with Fernandes for the no. 10 role.

I think it will be 4-2-3-1 and the diamond midfield will be gone.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #1358
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
I personally don't see that MP is so good. What has he won!!!

He was linked with so many top clubs in Europe this season but none took him. Doesn't this tell you something about him.
Frankly speaking, I do not think of MP as a good replacement too. Sack OGS and get in MP, we go back to square 1 again and have to wait at least another 2 years, and what if MP turns out to be worst than OGS? Then restart again?

We need to stick to OGS and make sure it works by providing him with the tools that he needs (i.e. the players he wanted).
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:55 PM   #1359
BBP604
Dragon

We do not know what is happening to the team.
Can only say we lack consistency.
Seems Ole have not found his 1st team and formation.
Today's match is crucial. Lets see how he can turn things around.
BBP604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:43 PM   #1360
KeeHuat
Dragon

Man Utd: De Gea, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Fred, McTominay, Mata, Fernandes, Rashford, Martial

Subs: Henderson, Tuanzebe, James, Matic, Pogba, Van de Beek, Cavani