Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Marketplace- Livestock & Plants only

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #31
ownthefish

bros, lets cool it and let the parties involved settle this issue themselves cos from all pts of view, there seems no benefit in pursuing the matter (even bro sparkase indicated to let the matter rest), unless bro jwhtan wants to take action here.

1) Buyer view pt: getting a aro (which shd be an auspicious thing) causes so much commotion, i think he wouldnt feel gd oso

2) Seller view pt: think he would have registered the need to inform the potential buyer the deal is off early if another bro is getting the fish

3) Bro sparkase in all gentlemenship agreed to let the matter rest *Thumbs up*

Lets all enjoy the hobby in gd harmony
****Happy wkends***** WC time again tonight

Old 02-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #32
denser
Dragon

deposit or not is just an excuse, a steady seller will need to keep his promise, at least a call if he sells to another buyer. i have met some steady ones here, u know who you are.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #33
thomas88
Arofanatic

I won't say who's in the right or wrong but I've put up a sales before and one bro sms to confirm and said he'll will collect it that evening. When evening came he sms to change to the following week as he couldn't make it, then over the weekend he sms me to cancel the deal. what made me angry was there was another bro who wanted to buy my stuff but I told him I've already confirmed to the first buyer and awaiting collection. Too bad I didn't save the contact of the second would be buyer and in the end I threw away the whole stuff due to deadline from OC.

I'm also a moderator in other forum and can understand spakase stance that other member should not have any fear of him not honouring a deal as he has to upheld the integrity of the whole forum. But maybe not every member sees this point which moderators has.

Let's forget about this and move on.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #34
craz
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolite22 View Post
Bro Desmond, My point of view on this issue is that maybe out of courtesy, you should have infd Mod Spakese that someone else (In this case bro Liang Zai) is able to collect the fish earlier, and get his response 1st before letting go the fish to another bro...

Example - Scenario A:

A simple sms to him: Hey bro, got another bro able to make it to collect the fish earlier today...can you collect earlier today? If not I'll let the other bro take it liao... Pls get back to me before XXXXhrs.

Reply: It's ok, I cannot make it today... you go ahead and sell to another bro.

Like that then no issue liao wat.....

The thing is verbally, you've agreed to allow him to collect the fish on Saturday. Although not in black and white, it is still considered a contract agreed upon. If he had refused to place a deposit, you can jollly well don't agreed to sell the fish to him. Why promise then let go to another bro?

Juz my point of view here.... dun zap me hor...
i will have to agree with you bro.
You shld have called and at least let him know that you will be selling to another bro.. gentleman style
Old 02-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #35
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

To Spakase: I dunno whats the reason why you didnt put a deposit. Especially the seller requested for it. But unless the fish is in my tank, I dun feel safe. I will quickly transfer the deposit over to confirm the deal if I cannot collect right away and if seller insisted on deposit.

A case happen to me. I called up a bro selling big IT for $200 in the east. He said FCFS, I insisted on transfering deposit over to him as I was doing night shift and only ends at 12am. He refused and said FCFS. I called him a moment later, he said a bro is on his way to collect and ask me that I SHD PLACE A DEPOSIT if i cannot collect right alway. He refused my deposit and claimed that I shd place a deposit

To Seller: since you agreed with spakase on the deal. you shd honor your word. if you find that the buyer can only collect days later and you wanna clear it fast and buyer didnt wanna pay deposit. then ask him to contact you on the day itself to check if the fish is still available, dun confirm the deal. from what I see, you had confirmed the deal with spakase.

and if you agreed with spakase and someone can collect right away, you shd contact spakase right away and tell him that you wanna clear it fast and if he can collect right away or pay a deposit. if he cant then you got the right to sell to others.

This is bad communication I would say.

But its good that the forum are taking measures to protect buyer and seller. some forums are worse: confirm the deal at a price, seller can sms me said someone offer higher then the price he posted. got the face to ask me whether I can to up that offer. btw, its not a bidding thread.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #36
yanki2
Endangered Dragon

Guys, its easy to say cool it. but we are not in the situation. Its very disappointing when you see a fish you liked and missed out on the deal. Its almost impossible to find an identical fish again.

I understand how spakase feels. but this matter can be handled with more appropriately.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:35 PM   #37
isa
2014 National Flowerhorn Competition 1st Prize

Bro this buy and sell thread let move on ........ Happy FishKeeping everyone .
Old 02-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #38
rtgaroaro
Dragon

to the benefit of Bro Desmond: "i am also one of the interested buyer when i view his thead (maybe not me alone), i also pmed him that night regarding the aro, but he told me that someone is coming down to view, will then let me know if sales does not deal."

to me its a FCFS situation, a situation if you can make it at the soonest time to buy what you like (to confirm,pay and deal by the price seller stated and collection soonest, as its meant to clear). whether he choose the that fish, a pet should be sold to whoever, its his choice, whoever that his most confident with.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #39
ElectricBlue
Dragon

Looking at the thread..I don't know what you guys think or interpret First Come First Serve?

Def A
Deal with first come potential buyer according to time of interest? Move on to the next potential buyer if deal is not secured. (No agreement reached)

or

Def B
Deal with 2 or multiple deals and see who the buyers can come first to pay and bag?

I can understand how bro Spakase feel. I had the same or even worse experience in Feb this year getting another red. Seller agreed to the price and I promised to bag in the evening at 10pm. You know what, I was on 3/4 way there... at 9:40pm got sms, seller said that the fish sold to another person at high price. I KPKB yet he said "Wat you want me to do?" This is first come first serve.....?? LL wasted my petrol and time.

Anyone want to be in my scenario?
I think seller need to have at least the basis etiquette.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #40
Spakase

I should point out that although seller stated FCFS, he has agreed with me to take the fish on Sat. How he feels, IMO is irrelevant, when you make a deal, you honour the deal, or face the consequences. You encounter buyer pilots frequently, people who promise to buy but never turn up.

This is a case of seller pilot. Seller who made a contract and backed out.

I rest this case here. Even though I am entirely unhappy with the circumstances, I do understand that we have in our midst all kinds of people. Those who read the thread and responded, we can see the thoughts and the inclinations of every single individual who participated in this thread.

Someone mentioned that he hope I would find a better fish, and I thought I would just make a mention here just for him, and for others. I found more than one, and I am really quite happy, as the 14 inch aro would not mix well with my new red com..

Closed Thread