Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 13-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #171
siukeong

can ketapang water , salt and interpet 13 - swim bladder be use tgt?
thx
Old 14-02-2003, 03:24 AM   #172
seven7sin

3 betta in 3 days... DIED !! one in ICU now....!!! all by the same diease...hmmz....
body like got a layer of sticky thingy..like slime....eyes turned grey like blind....all fins rot !!! white plakat become yellow..black ct become grey(now in ICU but dun think can make it till morning)... all died of same diease...sob...
Old 14-02-2003, 03:36 AM   #173
dusk_tofu

Quote:
Originally posted by seven7sin
3 betta in 3 days... DIED !! one in ICU now....!!! all by the same diease...hmmz....
body like got a layer of sticky thingy..like slime....eyes turned grey like blind....all fins rot !!! white plakat become yellow..black ct become grey(now in ICU but dun think can make it till morning)... all died of same diease...sob...
The slime thingy... does it look kinda like skin peeling off?
Old 14-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #174
Demekin

Quote:
Hi 7, could you provide more information on what you have fed your fish, how you change water or age water and when was the last water change before this symptom happen.

The spread of bacteria likely due to contamination during water change and food you have fed ( recently purchase live worms ?).

When the fish is sick, it will increase production of slime to protect itself. Once the system is unable to cope with the bacteria attack, it will die within a very short period of time for a weak and unhealthy fish.

Treat all fishes with 0.5% salt and anti-bactera or antibiotic medication. Disinfect your original keeping tank with antiseptic.

If the fish survive next 2 days, then you are in luck. Will take 10 days or more to recover. During this period, ensure water is perfectly toxic free. And lastly, have fun !
Old 14-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #175
seven7sin

oh....that fish in ICU also died...
fed wif tubifex worms.... water change every 3 days...but there is a recent pollution of water by the burning of 'Hell notes', ' Gold Paper' to my tank..i realised the next day after..cos my tank is put by the side of the window...then din close the window properly..then realise tat some of the tanks kanna the burnt paper ash...hmmz..then change water for most of the tank ..i suspect is the tubifex worm + the water ash that make the body system lose it immune system..hmmz.. all water add wif M blue and ketapang leaves after changing water..but 3 did not able to survive..hmmz
Old 14-02-2003, 02:40 PM   #176
bokob1uR
Dragon

my of my female fish kena velvet =X the Royal blue hm plakat
kena fin rot+ protruding scales.... it think going to become dropsy soon
bokob1uR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2003, 04:54 PM   #177
Demekin

Quote:
oh....that fish in ICU also died...
fed wif tubifex worms.... water change every 3 days...but there is a recent pollution of water by the burning of 'Hell notes', ' Gold Paper' to my tank..i realised the next day after..cos my tank is put by the side of the window...then din close the window properly..then realise tat some of the tanks kanna the burnt paper ash...hmmz..then change water for most of the tank ..i suspect is the tubifex worm + the water ash that make the body system lose it immune system..hmmz.. all water add wif M blue and ketapang leaves after changing water..but 3 did not able to survive..hmmz
sorry to hear that 7. That tells us another story ... never believe that drinking those "hu" will make you strong ...

Likely is worms liao. Do monitor the rest of the fishes that ate the same batch of worms. Prevention should start before the bacteria strike further.
Old 14-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #178
LoNer

I just found a hole on my HM top fin..

Can i know y??

IZzit it bit his own fin or wat?? Fin rot??? THe tail is still nice nice
Old 14-02-2003, 09:27 PM   #179
dennistan8210

Quote:
Originally posted by LoNer
I just found a hole on my HM top fin..

Can i know y??

IZzit it bit his own fin or wat?? Fin rot??? THe tail is still nice nice
\

Fin Rot my bro......
Old 14-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #180
dennistan8210

Quote:
Bro,,,Last momth...me 18 fish dead.....most of the like yours...got a layer of sticky thing like slime......dun know what the F##k happen man....poor fish...