Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 27-08-2006, 08:44 AM   #131
Jikin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
Jikin,
Agreed that colour change can be caused by lots of factors, e.g. food, gene growth rate and environment. So far, for GW what I observed is only suitable to promote good coloration of red and red/white fishes. For the black and calico, basically you need to have good control of the environment.
For the first fish, you can try doing my recommended method to see whether the colour can be recovered:-
Transfer the fish into an opaque (preferably blue or black) CW tub, best is to have it outdoor with sunshines. Have it daily regular feed of algae or seaweed + your normal feeds and start changing water very often (2 - 3 days frequency). The colour could recover in 1 - 2 weeks time. Give it a try.

HI, LLChu, thanks but this fellow is already outdoor at my parents place. The algae it has been eating is from the gw which brought me to a conclusion this could be a gene thing. I could try changing water frequently but this will be challenging going from pt A to B on a more regular basis.
Old 27-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #132
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheangv
Is the water change 100%?
Yes, that's the best
LauLanChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2006, 10:33 AM   #133
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikin
HI, LLChu, thanks but this fellow is already outdoor at my parents place. The algae it has been eating is from the gw which brought me to a conclusion this could be a gene thing. I could try changing water frequently but this will be challenging going from pt A to B on a more regular basis.
Jikin,
As I mentioned before, the problem with GW is the GF hardly gets any light and it gets worst with deeper pond and darker green. How often the fish surfaces to get the sunshine? Look at the blacks raise by Thai (CW) and Chinese (GW) and you will know what I mean. Don't think this is totally related to gene.
Have to really try and experiment and you will know the results. My opinion is outdoor CW is still the best, look at the Japanese Koi raise in outdoor CW.
Old 27-08-2006, 01:48 PM   #134
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu
Jikin,
As I mentioned before, the problem with GW is the GF hardly gets any light and it gets worst with deeper pond and darker green. How often the fish surfaces to get the sunshine? Look at the blacks raise by Thai (CW) and Chinese (GW) and you will know what I mean. Don't think this is totally related to gene.
Have to really try and experiment and you will know the results. My opinion is outdoor CW is still the best, look at the Japanese Koi raise in outdoor CW.
I think you have finally got the formula right.
Old 27-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #135
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikin
Here's one other fish I got from the then blue aquarium. Supposing from the TungHoi aquarium.
I got this in Jan and kept it indoor till May. The first decent picture I took was in April. The black went missing and I thought oh well, might as well appreciate the fish differently. Then when I decided to just throw it outdoor, to my surprise, the black came back! I do not know why this is so while the calico moor I posted earlier seem to have the reverse effect on black. But based on this two examples, I think it to be the gene of the calico??

Also, check out this ranchu. The color intensity is great! (in my opinion) So my conclusion is, this various characteristic could be due to the gene of the particular variety?

Ok, I think I had posted enough pictures from my personal documentation and also shared from my learnings. Could any other brothers/sisters share their experience? So far, seem like only RL had shared. This is a great avenue for info sharing and we all can benefit from it.
There is only a gain in black colour but a loss in red brilliance.
Old 27-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #136
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
I think you have finally got the formula right.
Yah, through hard observing and experimenting with an open mind
Old 28-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #137
drakonide

my gw suddenly clears up, why must change my water? rationale?
Old 28-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #138
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonide
Don't be too happy.Your fish must be sick that's why the water turns clear. Check if your fishes are breathing normally. I think your fishes are very lethagic by now.
Old 29-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #139
drakonide

no the fishes very active except only one guppy is dying. the rest of the fishes still ok.
is it because i washed the sponge thats why it clears? but the sponge not very dirty leh?
why the gw suddenly clears up? got some virus izzit? why must change water if gw clears up? full water change or partial?
Old 30-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #140
LauLanChu
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakonide
Life is so ironic, you want GW and got clear up and another bro in another thread wants CW but got GW...GW ah GW! are you really a myth or magic