Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 06-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #61
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
i do not think bro happybuddha has disinfect them b4 feeding...
Grin. You know me well. Yeah, I didn't do anything before pouring them into the tank. I read a bro writing about disinfecting first but... you know me lah.

Frankly sometimes I wonder if you guys are serious or not and that's why I take advises with a pinch of salt... unless Ah Thiam said so; he no joke one - I damn scare of him one ah.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:00 PM   #62
Demekin

Happybuddha, so how's the result after u feed the duckweed ?

what improvement did u observe ?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:14 PM   #63
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Demekin
Happybuddha, so how's the result after u feed the duckweed ?

what improvement did u observe ?
Aiyoh, my fishes finished the lot in a day. I don't expect any changes from feeding just this lot.... but I think if duckweeds are good for goldfish, regular doses should be beneficial. I look forward to do so from now on. It's fun to see green poos!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:28 AM   #64
Oranda

bro happybuddha,

are you feeding your fish with duckweed on a regular basis from now? if u are let us know whether got any benefits ok? (other than the funky coloured poo lah....that one considered benefit also ah? haha).

cheers!

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Aiyoh, my fishes finished the lot in a day. I don't expect any changes from feeding just this lot.... but I think if duckweeds are good for goldfish, regular doses should be beneficial. I look forward to do so from now on. It's fun to see green poos!
Old 07-05-2003, 12:51 AM   #65
Demekin

Quote:
So you going to buy regularly ? why not culture yourself ? I read in the web that duckweed grow very fast with sunlight.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:07 AM   #66
Ah Thiam

Quote:
Grin. You know me well. Yeah, I didn't do anything before pouring them into the tank. I read a bro writing about disinfecting first but... you know me lah.

Frankly sometimes I wonder if you guys are serious or not and that's why I take advises with a pinch of salt... unless Ah Thiam said so; he no joke one - I damn scare of him one ah.
(Serious look) Hello Happy Buddha, you must disinfect duckweed or new plants hor !
Old 07-05-2003, 08:57 AM   #67
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Oranda
bro happybuddha,

are you feeding your fish with duckweed on a regular basis from now? if u are let us know whether got any benefits ok? (other than the funky coloured poo lah....that one considered benefit also ah? haha).

cheers!
Yes, I intend to feed duckweeds regularly, perhaps once a week or so. Normally I feed them JBL Goldperl, supplemented by Hikari's frozen bloodworm once every few days. Now I'll add duckweeds to the list of supplements. I would like to feed them papaya too but the last time I bought a slice, I ate it before I reach home.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #68
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Demekin
So you going to buy regularly ? why not culture yourself ? I read in the web that duckweed grow very fast with sunlight.
Yeah I heard duckweeds multiply quickly, but my tank does not has strong light and even if it does, I doubt they can grow faster than my fishes can consume them. I'll see if I can cultivate them in a seperate tank...
Old 07-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #69
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah Thiam
(Serious look) Hello Happy Buddha, you must disinfect duckweed or new plants hor !
Aiyoh. Really ah. Reading back, the advise was to soak them in bleach. Bleach!? Erm... pardon me for thinking it was a joke!

But I just scanned the net and wow lau... no joke man. The common recommendation is to use household bleach. &^%$! 1 part to 19 parts of water. Soak for 2 minutes but avoid the roots and soaking plants with sterms. Also can use something called "Potassium Permanganate" which you can soak the entire plants including the roots. I prefer the later if I know where to buy it. Anyone knows?
Old 07-05-2003, 11:04 AM   #70
Ah Thiam

Potassium Permanganate = Ocean Free, solution J. But becareful, it stains. So dedicate a special container for this purpose. I hate to recommend Ocean Free products, as they are ....... "Ocean Free" and don't even specify that this product is actually PP and the %tage of concentration. But this is the only one readily availabe in LFS. In farms, they are using crystal form which is, I think again, a controlled item .

During the 99 Aquarama, I bought from a USA exhibitor, Kordon - Permoxyn. This one states 3.84% PP. Undortunately cannot find anywhere in LFS.