Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 11-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #21
Kisuke

Actually may still be a win-win for all. Hobbyists get to keep more comm arowana and farmers can sell more volume. But i think it is gonna go much lower because sg land size is very small compared to malaysia. They can ramp up volume greatly there and it looks like they r doing so.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
fuici80
Dragon

Many of the so call cheap xb nowadays don't really have standard. High shine yes but intensity wise is far lacking. Some xbs even looks like hybrid aro. Don't be taken in by the cheap pricings.
fuici80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
YaikSin
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke View Post
Actually may still be a win-win for all. Hobbyists get to keep more comm arowana and farmers can sell more volume. But i think it is gonna go much lower because sg land size is very small compared to malaysia. They can ramp up volume greatly there and it looks like they r doing so.
If you drive along Malaysia North-South Highway, you will see arowana farms stretching along highway near Bukit Merah...
YaikSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #24
yeowyin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj6447 View Post
Although the aro pricing is declined for certain farms. That doesn't mean you able to get good quality from there. I hope members will raise up their aro standard in term of gold color intense and fine pearlies. (at least 2 row). And not keeping those low quality fishes because they are cheap. I still believe that good quality will come with good pricing. In fact, quite difficult to find nowadays unless u have good linkage with the farm owner.
I felt hurt reading this...... I have a normal RTG..... only 4th row shine..... and I bought it because it is cheap (or cheaper)......
yeowyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #25
evin
Arofanatic

i always believe in 'follow your heart' u like the aro..u can afford it..buy it with no regret.
evin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #26
thinkytank
Dragon

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeowyin View Post
I felt hurt reading this...... I have a normal RTG..... only 4th row shine..... and I bought it because it is cheap (or cheaper)......
hi bro,
no need to feel hurt as we must always buy within our budget or what we can afford. (without saying, everyone would always loves to own those good range aro)
aro keeping is a hobby for u to enjoy but not for u to stress your $$$ pocket.
as long u like and enjoy the aro that u selected, it will be good.
me also under this category (tight budget type)!
happy aro keeping!
thinkytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
shadow0039

Quote:
Aro is a special fish that exhibits a certain "personality" or "character" .. for those who have found this "connection" with the fish .. it does not matter whether your fish is a RTG, XB or Red .. this "connection" is priceless : )
Old 11-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #28
Kisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaikSin View Post
If you drive along Malaysia North-South Highway, you will see arowana farms stretching along highway near Bukit Merah...
Wah
Singapore total got roughly how many ponds ar? Anyone know?
I see the video from msia farms,etc. They also know how to wtt their arowanas, know how to pull the mouth to harvest eggs,etc.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #29
tka
Dragon

Quote:
Dun feel hurt...u are owning a Classic rtg.
tka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #30
frenchbu
Arofanatic

Thanks for the info. will go down to take a look
frenchbu is offline   Reply With Quote