Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 02-10-2004, 04:24 PM   #41
pisces134

Very glad that this thread survive till today and more pp are sharing their experience, hope the 'fire' burnts ON !!
Old 03-10-2004, 11:31 AM   #42
Maculosus

An easier method is to drill a 5mm hole which is just in level (or a bit higher) with the water surface in the return pipe . When I off my return pump, my 4 ft main tank water level will drop abt 10mm and back flow will stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim_Tok_Kong
My case is designing the piping without considering back flow effect. So one day decided to turn off my return pump ( Connecting between sump and main ) to do so maintainence. The show start here ........

In process now in getting a check valve ....
Old 26-10-2004, 12:43 PM   #43
Limsteel
Arofanatic

OK I am a total newbie... over the last few days I have gather much info from Ekia, Kalib, weishun, Devil just to name a few... Just wanna share them with all.

- Live Rock need water circulation (0xygen) without it DIES and stink.

- Salt very difficult to dissolve once it hits 1.016, Have to use powerhead to stir salt for till desire salinity archive!

- Live Rock needs Light to be ON... Later, discover that the Coraline algae (nice Algae on rocks) need actinic blue light 24hrs ON during initial stage for 2 weeks. Then gradually increase the White light light period...

- Need to aerate the tank, If have P Skimmer then O2 will be provided. Bacteria needs O2 to breakdown NH3/4 to NO2/3.

- Read from net that Saltwater tank dirt usually on water surface, need surface skimmer also why overflow widely used by marine aquarist.

- Live rock need to be prepare before putting it into tank. As many unwanted creature live on them! Soak in low salinity water, worms, other unwanted creature will crawl out (hopefully).

- I realised Protein skimmer is like a must, else the protein layer will collect on water reduce O2 in the water very quickly. UNlike planted tank, O2 is very important in marinet tank!
Limsteel is offline   Reply With Quote