Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 13-12-2009, 12:41 AM   #31
SBenchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex CHew View Post
Hi Bro, if I'm not wrong....All their guppies are imported from Taiwan. Problem with buying fish from Hong Kong is their water PH and salinity. They normally don't put salt in their water, so must check with them.

If the guppies are newly imported from Taiwan, they are probably not stable yet. So they die easily when you buy them & travel again. If they have acclimatised to Hong Kong water, then you really have to take days if not weeks to acclimatise to our water again.

I had learnt it the hard ways.....

Hope it helps those who intend to buy guppies from Hong Kong.

Cheers!!!

You must be that pilot Chew
Old 14-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #32
LTQ
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBenchmark View Post
You must be that pilot Chew
Yes, he is. When I got to know him 5 years back, I thought he was a bus driver!!! Later I discovered that he was sure a bus driver, but is an AIRbus driver!

Anyway yesterday I met our old friend at GG. Hope he will be back to the hobby and bring in more great guppy.
LTQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #33
KeeHuat
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTQ View Post
Yes, he is. When I got to know him 5 years back, I thought he was a bus driver!!! Later I discovered that he was sure a bus driver, but is an AIRbus driver!

Anyway yesterday I met our old friend at GG. Hope he will be back to the hobby and bring in more great guppy.
I met Alex for the first time yesterday at the GCS Competition at Guppy Galaxy after hearing about him from the seasoned guppy hobbyists. Since I'm now into lace and was talking to LTQ and him yesterday, I'm hoping he can bring in some nice lace from Taiwan.
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #34
lucasrock
User Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
I met Alex for the first time yesterday at the GCS Competition at Guppy Galaxy after hearing about him from the seasoned guppy hobbyists. Since I'm now into lace and was talking to LTQ and him yesterday, I'm hoping he can bring in some nice lace from Taiwan.
Haha...i think alex can bring in nice lace from any country that he fly too.
lucasrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #35
cartoon
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
Yap. me too. first time meet him after old bird told me abt him. its a pleasure talking to Alex.
cartoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #36
Nana13

I tried this strain once, my good friend bought me 2 pairs as a gift from China.
Last about 2 weeks.

Have no problem before with other strains from China.

Last edited by Nana13; 16-12-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 17-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #37
SBenchmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTQ View Post

Can't really remember which year (properly 2003-2005) he won the grand champion for both group and single for his fullred if I recalled of gigantic size and perfect delta tail. Those days you dun really find fullred with the stomach portion red covered properly he was the first in Singapore. Hope he's make a comeback and it'll really be a real challenge with him around. Hopefully Dr Yeo can join in the race too
Old 17-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #38
KeeHuat
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBenchmark View Post
Can't really remember which year (properly 2003-2005) he won the grand champion for both group and single for his fullred if I recalled of gigantic size and perfect delta tail. Those days you dun really find fullred with the stomach portion red covered properly he was the first in Singapore. Hope he's make a comeback and it'll really be a real challenge with him around. Hopefully Dr Yeo can join in the race too
I'm waiting for all the earlier pioneers and experts to come back so that there will be more nice strains available for all hobbyists. We can also learn from these pioneers and experts and improve our guppy knowledge.
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #39
discusmania
Arofanatic

Yes I got those back from Hong Kong too... they also did not last very long. There are also sword tails with similar finnage. They too do not last very long... Wondering...
discusmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #40
fireblade
Endangered Dragon

looks like can only admire the fishes there only....
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote