Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 30-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #241
blondmyth
Dragon

i remember him having a similar problem years ago.

years ago there was a period i neglected it. never change water long time, one day saw it floating, alot of white slimely stuff on its shell, its eyes closed, i was pretty sure it was dead.

went to get my pail to take the dead turtle out of the tank, reached in to grab it, and to my surprise it opened its eyes. immediately i went into panic mode, immediately do 100% water change, and it became okay after that.

hope it gets through this time.

edwin, ur om box is full.
blondmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #242
PNT Guy
Dragon

That irresponsible! But back to the topic the only thing now is to send it to the vet that Edwin had recommended first thing in the morning. A respariatory inflammation is no laughing matter and it's nothing else but grave.

Last edited by PNT Guy; 30-04-2012 at 01:27 AM.
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #243
blondmyth
Dragon

that was many years ago.

taking urgent leave to bring it to the vet tmr, and i just started my new job 3 days ago.
Old 30-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #244
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmyth View Post
that was many years ago.

taking urgent leave to bring it to the vet tmr, and i just started my new job 3 days ago.
See that u do. Keep us updated. And all the best for your PNT. Save this magnificent living creature from disappearing off mother earth.
Old 30-04-2012, 02:09 AM   #245
juliustaking

Hi guys, this maybe an inappropriate time to ask, but are these creatures nocturnal ? I woke to get a glass of water and caught my pnt swimming up and down the tank! All over too. (Flying to be exact) Whereas in the morning it just laze around, and only sometimes look for food. (on the ground)

My question is, does your pnts behave this way too? Is this normal ? How do you guys feed yours? Off light and feed, so that it becomes active ? Or just on light??? Really curious! please guide me ! Thanks a bunch.

And I hope your pnt makes a full recovery.
Old 30-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #246
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliustaking View Post
Hi guys, this maybe an inappropriate time to ask, but are these creatures nocturnal ? I woke to get a glass of water and caught my pnt swimming up and down the tank! All over too. (Flying to be exact) Whereas in the morning it just laze around, and only sometimes look for food. (on the ground)

My question is, does your pnts behave this way too? Is this normal ? How do you guys feed yours? Off light and feed, so that it becomes active ? Or just on light??? Really curious! please guide me ! Thanks a bunch.

And I hope your pnt makes a full recovery.
Mine is active during the day. Or maybe ur PNT is just trying to get used to its new surroundings that's why it's active at night. Another possibility as I have mentioned its personality.

Just observed which is which and when it starts feeding its a good sign. Cheers!
Old 30-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #247
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondmyth View Post
i remember him having a similar problem years ago.

years ago there was a period i neglected it. never change water long time, one day saw it floating, alot of white slimely stuff on its shell, its eyes closed, i was pretty sure it was dead.

went to get my pail to take the dead turtle out of the tank, reached in to grab it, and to my surprise it opened its eyes. immediately i went into panic mode, immediately do 100% water change, and it became okay after that.

hope it gets through this time.

edwin, ur om box is full.
Everyone do make mistakes. My #2 was badly attacked by #1 and Shelly till i was told to put it to sleep. After almost a year then her wound fully healed and now after almost 2 years, she is swimming happily in the tank just like any other normal PNTs.
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #248
blondmyth
Dragon

Brought him to see dr erika tan. Dr tan said he is very weak. Administered jabs. And force fed him once at the clinic. Force fed him twice just now. Within hours can see improvement on the fungal infection. Hope he gets stronger and pulls through. Looks a bit more active now
Old 30-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #249
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Good to see that.

Be prepared to force feed daily up till a month or so.
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #250
blondmyth
Dragon

thanks for all the advice edwin