Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 01:59 AM   #31
atom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Hi atom,

Great thread, you have there.

3 questions for you:
- what is the flowrate recommended?
- what is the high nitrate removal rate you have achieved and what is the typical nitrate removal rate for a setup?
- is deniball a must? or just good to have? Does it help to performance better?

Thank.
1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #32
atom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagore View Post
good morning.
Hello, you are still awake?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:03 AM   #33
Koji™
Account Disabled
 
Koji™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 57,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.
Build me for 6 footer tank then bro
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 AM   #34
chamikara
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamikara View Post
Bro atom/tagore:
If one cant find deni balls, is there another alternative?
[QUOTE=atom;5545097]1. The flowrate is very slow as compare to nitrification level. There are no specific flowrate as it depends on too many factors. Some examples: size, amount of anaerobe, qty of carbon source, pH level, temp.....etc.

2. For my NR1000, I have managed to achieve a flowrate of 20 l/hr with some modification. It is didn't last for long though. Within 1 week of operation, nitrate was detected at output and followed by clogging.

As to your question on typical removal for a setup, I would it depends largely with respect to your bio-load and what is the reasonable level of nitrate you would want it to be.

3. Deniball is not a must. It is just convenient and provides constant supply of carbon source.[/QUOTE]

Got my answer bro atom, Thanks..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 AM   #35
atom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamikara View Post
Bro atom/tagore:
If one cant find deni balls, is there another alternative?
Some examples of organic carbon source are alcohols (such as methyl alcohol or ethyl alcohol), organic acids (such as acetic acid) or other similar organic substances including sugars.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:10 AM   #36
atom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
Build me for 6 footer tank then bro
Alamak! You again! Let me construct and test out the latest addition before I dare to consider doing one for you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 AM   #37
Koji™
Account Disabled
 
Koji™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 57,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Alamak! You again! Let me construct and test out the latest addition before I dare to consider doing one for you.
I will be waiting~
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #38
atom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
I will be waiting~
Master Zen Koji, you really put me under pressure!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:20 AM   #39
Koji™
Account Disabled
 
Koji™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 57,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Master Zen Koji, you really put me under pressure!
hehehe~ Like your DIY ma. And I can be your test subject too
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:23 AM   #40
atom
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koji™ View Post
hehehe~ Like your DIY ma. And I can be your test subject too
Ahhh lidat can consider liao but but but....you got expensive aro inside? If something goes wrong, I cannot afford to pay.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)