Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 17-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
motoro_freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnsp View Post
I m going to try.. i can touch my ray from head to body but never feed with bare hand before..
dont anyhow go and touch wash ur hands until ur elbow or wat depending on ur tank's depth then take a piece of the type of food u feed ur ray slowly place ur hand inside ur tank,while this is happening if ur ray darts around wait a while.

if ur ray remains calm slowly bring ur hand to the bottom of ur tank, usually the ray will recongnise the food and come towards ur hand's direction once ur ray touches ur hand place the food under near mouth at this point of time u can feel thier strong suction from their mouth thats all HANDFEEDING RAYS only advantage is it can bring the keeper very close to thier rays DISADVANTAGE is ur ray will get too pampered and only feed from hand(this happened to me but i dont mind i enjoy handfeeding them)
Old 17-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #12
Delon

Sounds like a pro to me
Old 17-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #13
ling chin seng
Arofanatic

Great video thanks for sharing.
ling chin seng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
adriandj

Thanks for sharing nice video
Old 22-08-2011, 05:48 AM   #15
Shawnsp
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnsp View Post
I m going to try.. i can touch my ray from head to body but never feed with bare hand before..
SO Far i manage to bring to close to the MP that i use. I realise one thing is that if you have fear, the rays can fear your fear and stay frighten too

Slowly and a few attemp has to be make to be sucessful
Shawnsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #16
Shawnsp
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoro_freak View Post
dont anyhow go and touch wash ur hands until ur elbow or wat depending on ur tank's depth then take a piece of the type of food u feed ur ray slowly place ur hand inside ur tank,while this is happening if ur ray darts around wait a while.

if ur ray remains calm slowly bring ur hand to the bottom of ur tank, usually the ray will recongnise the food and come towards ur hand's direction once ur ray touches ur hand place the food under near mouth at this point of time u can feel thier strong suction from their mouth thats all HANDFEEDING RAYS only advantage is it can bring the keeper very close to thier rays DISADVANTAGE is ur ray will get too pampered and only feed from hand(this happened to me but i dont mind i enjoy handfeeding them)
Of cos basic observation has been done. My tank height is low so the possiblity is there.

Thanks for your highlight.
Shawnsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #17
Dawlyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoro_freak View Post

good advices thot!

but when rays are really hungry you dont hand feed them they will still eat isn't it?
Old 24-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
motoro_freak

hahaha yah that was wat i thought but they usually will do chin ups when they are hungry but when i throw in the MPs they still dont eat maybe its because that when i handfeed i tend to press the MPs until the flavour comes out
Old 25-08-2011, 02:59 AM   #19
THEfrozen

wow. awesome.