Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 13-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #51
TheStigzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlovers View Post
i think she went to (3)
yes,the male is building the bubble nest under the styro cup,both flaring at each other,the bubbles in nest are getting bigger.

but i think i made a funny pair.

a lavender bf hmpk + a marble fancy with a monkey face+ looks like she has a delta tail cause its exceptionally long. i wonder what will be the outcome
Okay lor, leave it to your own judgement as to whether you think the female's in danger. I just thought you should know they will take a while to get in the mood. If you wanna proceed with breeding instead of conditioning, try partioning her in the breeding tank using the cut middle section of a 1.5L bottle? So that the male can see her so he will continue building the nest, and yet not be able to kill her.

Anyway, for me the joy's in the process of breeding, not the results. I bred a cambodian red hm male to a extended red female vt. Fry are still young, so I dunno what they look like yet!

EDIT: Is your female showing vertical stripes? If she is, leave her in the breeding tank. without partitioning. That means she's ready to breed, and the male is unlikely to kill her.
Old 13-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #52
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigzor View Post
Okay lor, leave it to your own judgement as to whether you think the female's in danger. I just thought you should know they will take a while to get in the mood. If you wanna proceed with breeding instead of conditioning, try partioning her in the breeding tank using the cut middle section of a 1.5L bottle? So that the male can see her so he will continue building the nest, and yet not be able to kill her.

Anyway, for me the joy's in the process of breeding, not the results. I bred a cambodian red hm male to a extended red female vt. Fry are still young, so I dunno what they look like yet!
im totally the opposite, i find the joy in seeing little tiny tadpoles swimming around.
wonderlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #53
TheStigzor

Quote:
im totally the opposite, i find the joy in seeing little tiny tadpoles swimming around.
Of course, by saying 'breeding', I mean raising of the fry as well la. Who could resist those cuties? Just that I'm not really interested (yet) as to how they grow up to look like.
Old 14-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #54
wonderlovers
Dragon

cant really tell actually,cause her body is all white and she has black and green shiny spots on her,no sign of verticle bars.
Old 14-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #55
wonderlovers
Dragon

thanks to my complacent mother and stupid niece,the breeding tank was full of pellets and my extra tanks for age'ing water has been filled up with pellets,the male's bubble nest has been destoryed and the tanks are dirty..i should thank my mother..
Old 14-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #56
TheStigzor

Quote:
cant really tell actually,cause her body is all white and she has black and green shiny spots on her,no sign of verticle bars.
That's the problem with light-bodied females. They don't show the stripes because those stripes are formed when the fish withdraws pigment from just underneath the skin to somewhere deeper in body. The light-bodied fish lack these pigments on their body, so they can't do that. In this case, you'll just have to put the fish in and keep your fingers crossed.

Quote:
thanks to my complacent mother and stupid niece,the breeding tank was full of pellets and my extra tanks for age'ing water has been filled up with pellets,the male's bubble nest has been destoryed and the tanks are dirty..i should thank my mother..
Ahahaha parents! I understand completely! You wouldn't believe how big a fuss my mother kicked up when I simply bought some tubifex.

Anyway, fret not. Take a deep breath, do some cleaning up and start over. AND tell them not to fiddle with your tanks I guess. Just carry out all the maintainence yourself if you don't want to risk such incidents again, I guess.

Don't be disheartened; when 'kids' like us try to take up a hobby like this, there are lots of limitations in place, and lots of ways it can screw up. Don't give up!
Old 14-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #57
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigzor View Post
That's the problem with light-bodied females. They don't show the stripes because those stripes are formed when the fish withdraws pigment from just underneath the skin to somewhere deeper in body. The light-bodied fish lack these pigments on their body, so they can't do that. In this case, you'll just have to put the fish in and keep your fingers crossed.

Ahahaha parents! I understand completely! You wouldn't believe how big a fuss my mother kicked up when I simply bought some tubifex.

Anyway, fret not. Take a deep breath, do some cleaning up and start over. AND tell them not to fiddle with your tanks I guess. Just carry out all the maintainence yourself if you don't want to risk such incidents again, I guess.

Don't be disheartened; when 'kids' like us try to take up a hobby like this, there are lots of limitations in place, and lots of ways it can screw up. Don't give up!
i calmed down a little,i was really pissed off and amost was almost going crazy,but my niece is like 2 years old.so i guess i got to make her cry a bit.

but,im gonna try again,got to let the male rest first.maybe i'll go find another pair, got to find a dark bodied female.
yeah,parent's i called my mum and she nothing good to say to me so i threw a huge fit.
Old 18-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #58
wonderlovers
Dragon

update:the lavender+marble female didn't work out.

recently ive bought an opaque halfmoon male and a yellow'ish female halfmoon from yun feng.
i was awed by the colours of halfmoon's there,i wanted to take them all home!:.

hope that this pair works out.on a side note,ive bought ketapang leaves too.but i dont know how to let the colour of the leaves change the colour of the water,anybody can give any pointers?

i will take the pictures soon
Old 18-01-2009, 06:18 PM   #59
fatthumb
Senior Dragon

just drop the leaves into the tank can liao.... 2 days should be enough, leave it there also no problem
fatthumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2009, 06:33 PM   #60
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatthumb View Post
just drop the leaves into the tank can liao.... 2 days should be enough, leave it there also no problem
oh,its that simple? thank you.

hope that this time it works well.

Tags
betta, breeding, cost, price