Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 13-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #41
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigzor View Post
Woah, that must be one seriously fierce girl you got there. You really don't want the female to be significantly bigger than the male.

Just wondering, did you condition your fishes before breeding? Doing that usually improves egg yield. I wouldn't try to breed my bettas too soon after getting them.

Btw, you can take bus 359 frm pasir ris int to get to Yun Feng. Involves abit of walking.
yes,i did ,but now the girl is calmer with the lavender male. the lavender made a big nest and now just waiting to release the female.
but i think i should get a breeding pair from buy and sell if this pair dosent work out,seems a smarter choice to find breeding pair's in this forum.
wonderlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #42
TheStigzor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlovers View Post
yes,i did ,but now the girl is calmer with the lavender male. the lavender made a big nest and now just waiting to release the female.
but i think i should get a breeding pair from buy and sell if this pair dosent work out,seems a smarter choice to find breeding pair's in this forum.
Don't think there's such a thing as breeding pairs in bettas... They are kinda loose imo. Just anyhow **** around one. Just look at how the male gets rid of the female after she's out of eggs!
Old 13-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #43
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Don't think there's such a thing as breeding pairs in bettas... They are kinda loose imo. Just anyhow **** around one. Just look at how the male gets rid of the female after she's out of eggs!
lol,indeed, breeding pairs are indeed loose,just do what they naturally do,but at least i have somewhat 'confidence' in them
Old 13-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #44
TheStigzor

Is the female alot bigger than the male you are currently breeding her with? I had success breeding my male with a female that's slightly bigger than him. Even the size difference didn't stop him from ripping her fins quite bad!
Old 13-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #45
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Is the female alot bigger than the male you are currently breeding her with? I had success breeding my male with a female that's slightly bigger than him. Even the size difference didn't stop him from ripping her fins quite bad!
not alot bigger,around the same size only the female a tiny bit smaller.i released the female just now to try them out,the female was chased by the male around the tank,everytime she hid in the java moss,he found her and chased her again,is this a bad sign or is it just normal behaviour on the male's part?
Old 13-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #46
TheStigzor

Quote:
not alot bigger,around the same size only the female a tiny bit smaller.i released the female just now to try them out,the female was chased by the male around the tank,everytime she hid in the java moss,he found her and chased her again,is this a bad sign or is it just normal behaviour on the male's part?
Totally normal. My male was pretty much raping my female!

Spawning took place about 24 hours later. Just leave them alone for about that period of time.

If spawning doesn't take place by then, separate them, re-condition on live food for a week, let the male flare to the female daily, and then try again.
Old 13-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #47
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Totally normal. My male was pretty much raping my female!

Spawning took place about 24 hours later. Just leave them alone for about that period of time.

If spawning doesn't take place by then, separate them, re-condition on live food for a week, let the male flare to the female daily, and then try again.
oh alright,thanks for the info,i thought my male was gonna kill that fishy.i was scared as hell.
Old 13-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #48
wonderlovers
Dragon

edit: ive placed the female back in the 'conditioning' tank again,cause the male was pulverising her,now she's back to normal,her fiesty fierce self.flaring back at the male. maybe when i see the sign of eggs then i'll release her again.
Old 13-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #49
TheStigzor

Quote:
edit: ive placed the female back in the 'conditioning' tank again,cause the male was pulverising her,now she's back to normal,her fiesty fierce self.flaring back at the male. maybe when i see the sign of eggs then i'll release her again.
Is the female plump with eggs yet? If not, the male is likely to kill her. That's why a week or two of conditioning is important.

Male bettas are very simple-minded. Here's how they work.

When encountering another betta...
1) If male, goto (3). If female, goto (2).
2) Is female ready for breeding? If yes, goto (4). If no, goto (3)
3) KILL
4) BREED

Be more patient la, if it's only finnage damage, the female will recover quite fast, so you can leave her in there for a while longer. Is the male building the bubblenest?
Old 13-01-2009, 11:14 PM   #50
wonderlovers
Dragon

Quote:
Is the female plump with eggs yet? If not, the male is likely to kill her. That's why a week or two of conditioning is important.

Male bettas are very simple-minded. Here's how they work.

When encountering another betta...
1) If male, goto (3). If female, goto (2).
2) Is female ready for breeding? If yes, goto (4). If no, goto (3)
3) KILL
4) BREED

Be more patient la, if it's only finnage damage, the female will recover quite fast, so you can leave her in there for a while longer. Is the male building the bubblenest?
i think she went to (3)
yes,the male is building the bubble nest under the styro cup,both flaring at each other,the bubbles in nest are getting bigger.

but i think i made a funny pair.

a lavender bf hmpk + a marble fancy with a monkey face+ looks like she has a delta tail cause its exceptionally long. i wonder what will be the outcome

Tags
betta, breeding, cost, price