Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 08-05-2003, 09:34 PM   #81
happybuddha

Now I'm sad.

No wonder you were telling me about otto and shrimp. Silly me.

I guess I'll have to try out "OxyCure".

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY
Bro, you got it wrong already.
No need to disinfect new plants in planted tank because in a mature planted tank, the new plants will be 'clean' by some other
means within the tank like puffer, algae eater, proper water parameters etc.
For GFs tank, all these means are not available, thus, manual method will be needed lor.....
Old 08-05-2003, 09:38 PM   #82
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by qikimhee
bro
OxyCure - overdose and soak for half an hour to kill all chapalang snails and pathogens.
Hi bro

Thanks for the recommendation. I can't find much info on the product on the net. Is the following the one you're recommending?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oxycure.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	2.3 KB
ID:	36687  
Old 08-05-2003, 10:31 PM   #83
Xerovix

expensive stuff not worth the price. just buy 1 kg packet of crystal aquarium salt for about $1.50... emptied it in a pail of water should do the trick.

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Hi bro

Thanks for the recommendation. I can't find much info on the product on the net. Is the following the one you're recommending?
Old 09-05-2003, 08:34 AM   #84
happybuddha

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
expensive stuff not worth the price. just buy 1 kg packet of crystal aquarium salt for about $1.50... emptied it in a pail of water should do the trick.
Hey bro, good idea. I'm comfortable with using salt. Nonit to worry too much about overdosing. It may not disinfect 100% but I've been lucky and a little disinfection is better than not doing anything at all.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:41 AM   #85
qikimhee

Last edited by qikimhee; 15-10-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:44 AM   #86
qikimhee

Last edited by qikimhee; 15-10-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:12 PM   #87
Xerovix

67% normal aqauarium salt and the rest made up by few types of oxidisers like hydroperoxide pyrurate, ethlene diamine traaceatate, sodium perborate etc in small amounts plus some unknown salts.

it can be seen that such combination is used against bacteria(aqaurium salt) and parasites(oxidisers). the decomposition of some salts(oxidisers) increase dissolved oxygen, too. hence, the name - Oxycure.

this product is good for disinfection and for use in hospital tank but does harm to BB.

Quote:
Originally posted by happybuddha
Hi bro

Old 09-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #88
Demekin

Quote:
67% normal aqauarium salt and the rest made up by few types of oxidisers like hydroperoxide pyrurate, ethlene diamine traaceatate, sodium perborate etc in small amounts plus some unknown salts.

it can be seen that such combination is used against bacteria(aqaurium salt) and parasites(oxidisers). the decomposition of some salts(oxidisers) increase dissolved oxygen, too. hence, the name - Oxycure.

this product is good for disinfection and for use in hospital tank but does harm to BB.
Wow ! Where u got all these info ? Most products don't even release what they put in. Any website to recommend ?
Old 10-05-2003, 10:13 AM   #89
happybuddha

Quote:

Thanks for the insight... although all those chemical names are really oxy moron to me. I went to a LFS at Toa Payoh and bought a box of Baxter salt. Wow... to me that's high class salt man. Soaked all the plants in its solution last evening and glad to note they're still OK this morning. Later I'm getting duckweeds from Nature. I think I will only rinse them in the solution since they're so tiny.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:53 PM   #90
happybuddha

I went to Farmart for the first time today, wanting to buy some duckweeds.

I hope the boss of Nature isn't reading this... but the shop at Farmart sells a tub worth of duckweeds for $2. The tub is those round plastic container that hawkers use to pack your Kway Teow Soup. It's no more than 5-6 inches in diameter. That's very expensive compared to Nature where $1 buys you a square foot worth.

But then I noticed their duckweeds are bigger in size.

In any case, I didn't buy from Farmart but went back to Nature to buy instead. This time I got myself some frogbits thrown in. Frogbits are too big in size for GF to eat... but makes a nice decoration to the tank.

Seen below, duckweeds are the tiny ones while the look-alike but jumbo-sized are frogbits, which have long hairy roots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	frogbits.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	37026