Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 10-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
razor90

redcross Overturn Shrimp help

I woke up this morning and seem like one of my cherry seem to be lying dead. Thought die liao but realise its mouth and the legs still got move. Not sure is it moulting or what lei, should i do anything or just leave it as it is? Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
lucas_1957
Dragon

You can separate it from the other shrimps using a net, but do not remove it from the tank. the change in water conditions may be too much for it to take. However, to be honest, if overturned left only mouth and leg moving, most likely a bit hard to save. Can the shrimp still swim a bit?

Also, is this the first case? Or there have been repeated cases of shrimps dying? Best to check your parameters to find out the cause of the death. If it is a old shrimp, maybe it is old age, but if this has happened many times, must be your water conditons. Cherry should be quite hardy, will not die so easily unless it is old age then you cant stop it from dying.
lucas_1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM   #3
razor90

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_1957 View Post
You can separate it from the other shrimps using a net, but do not remove it from the tank. the change in water conditions may be too much for it to take. However, to be honest, if overturned left only mouth and leg moving, most likely a bit hard to save. Can the shrimp still swim a bit?

Also, is this the first case? Or there have been repeated cases of shrimps dying? Best to check your parameters to find out the cause of the death. If it is a old shrimp, maybe it is old age, but if this has happened many times, must be your water conditons. Cherry should be quite hardy, will not die so easily unless it is old age then you cant stop it from dying.
Yes its the first case, but there is a few small one which died also. I am guessing its the temp as its about 30 now. But I have a few successful moult as i see a few moult lying around when i was back in camp on friday. Temp reading on friday was also 29.7.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #4
Xmant
Dragon

I don't think your cherry can take that kind of temperature, pls be realistic! You just do harm to them even they are classified as hardy. Temperature of not more than 28C should be good enough for them.

A fan blower should help to reduce your water temperature by 1 or 2C, or relocate your tank to a cooler locate in your home.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
razor90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
I don't think your cherry can take that kind of temperature, pls be realistic! You just do harm to them even they are classified as hardy. Temperature of not more than 28C should be good enough for them.

A fan blower should help to reduce your water temperature by 1 or 2C, or relocate your tank to a cooler locate in your home.
i am already looking for a fan, any brand to intro and where to get? But its seems like most of the cherry are fine, guess i will be playing safe first. Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #6
Xmant
Dragon

Do a search in this forum. You will be able to get your answer.
Xmant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
razor90

ok somehow i left the shrimp alone and guess what, a miracle happen. The shrimp is up again, but its just staying there. Hope nothing happen.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
BlackWaterTank
Dragon

Did it molt liao or something? do observe if other also happen this way.
BlackWaterTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
thxpro98

my old age shrimps act like that. the younger shrimps start eating it when its still alive trying to end their misery , it rarely happen, if many act like that. must be ur water parameter..
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #10
razor90

water parameter should be ok since most are doing fine and they are moulting, and the one that just stand up doesnt moult as well. It just move abit to the transparent shelter and hide inside there , which is veri near her overturn location. Guess its maybe of old age? Since its like the biggest among all.