Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-04-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
Ranchu Lover

Default $3/- Oranda

Since the forum is so quiet, I will post an oranda that I bought from Serangoon Garden Market LFS. Comments welcome.

Last edited by Ranchu Lover; 14-05-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Old 15-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
tygerlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Since the forum is so quiet, I will post an oranda that I bought from Serangoon Garden Market LFS. Comments welcome.
Nice shape and colour, I also had a similar quality GF.
Old 15-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
peter porker

Nice proportionate body and good finnage; there are just too many orandas with squashed bodies and poor finnage. I can imagine this fella gowing into a giant.
Old 15-04-2006, 03:31 PM   #4
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter porker
Nice proportionate body and good finnage; there are just too many orandas with squashed bodies and poor finnage. I can imagine this fella gowing into a giant.
Don't think that this fella will grow up to ba a giant. This is from Ipoh. Breed not know to grow very big. Will update with pictures as the oranda grows. Hopefully nothing bad happens to him.

I think for the beginner, this kind or oranda are worth starting with.

I like its erected dorsal fin. Not many oranda have such erected dorsal fin.
Old 15-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
mybirdshit
Dragon

No wonder this looks familiar. Bred in my hometown...not proud though since many of the goldfish from the farms there don't grow large. The largest I've managed to grow one from these farms is 5 inches(body length not including tail). This one seems quite all right though.

The best oranda I've seen in person is from China which a shop I frequent threw into his koi pond to grow. It was about a year old or less, about 7 inch(body length) but the part I was most impressed with this oranda was because it's finnage was perfect...no curls or dents and the finnage was carried strong and erect, not drooping. Perhaps if I find a young oranda from Thailand or China with promising finnage I'll throw into my dad's koi pond also
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 03:50 PM   #6
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdshit
No wonder this looks familiar. Bred in my hometown...not proud though since many of the goldfish from the farms there don't grow large. The largest I've managed to grow one from these farms is 5 inches(body length not including tail). This one seems quite all right though.
No wonder it does not grow bigger. You should have thrown it into your dad's koi pond in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdshit
The best oranda I've seen in person is from China which a shop I frequent threw into his koi pond to grow. It was about a year old or less, about 7 inch(body length) but the part I was most impressed with this oranda was because it's finnage was perfect...no curls or dents and the finnage was carried strong and erect, not drooping. Perhaps if I find a young oranda from Thailand or China with promising finnage I'll throw into my dad's koi pond also
My tiny little fella also have perfect fins what?
Old 15-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #7
KOP

Quote:
Cheap and nice!
Old 15-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #8
crossdiscus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
nice gf........
crossdiscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
hijackng
Dragon

Quote:
remind me of my mati oranda.
only $2
hijackng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
mybirdshit
Dragon

Quote:
No wonder it does not grow bigger. You should have thrown it into your dad's koi pond in the first place.

My tiny little fella also have perfect fins what?
Haha...the one that grew to 5 inches was in a 5 foot by 2.5 feet pond though.

Your fella does have good fins, which is why I said it seems quite all right
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote