Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 06-02-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
nitro

Default Interesting article, Hurting Facts to Some.....

Hi,

this article is from RC....SRC also has a link on this very interesting article.....some hurting facts about this hobby

Reef Trend?
Old 06-02-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
roidan

no choice one lah....

there are always leaders around as well as followers in this hobby....
the leaders mostly are truely intrigued and interested in specific stuff and when they share what they love to the general public, what we see is the phenomenon of "yah that's nice/good, how come i never realised it all along." and then the followers will do what they do best==> follow

coral trends, fish trends and even skimmer trends......even giving up the hobby is becoming a trend
Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
nitro

Default trend

yes, have also noticed the 'giving-up trend'......
Old 06-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #4
roidan

seriously nowadays, in order to save money when it comes to corals especially, have to pre-empt the next trend to save money.....cannot wait till everybody wants the coral then u start buying..by then too late, better not step in at all i would suggest.

machiam like playing futures
Old 06-02-2005, 05:45 PM   #5
nitro

Default Trend

Yap, i wonder wat's the next trend after the "closing down trend".........Heard alot of ppl going for green stuff nowadays......spread some rumours here so the red stuff will be cheaper....ke ke ke
Old 06-02-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
Ekia

nice article.... quite in the same frequency as I am Wondering if some of the trends are hyped up by the suppliers themselves. Lost track of the trend now... used to be Blastos a few months ago and 3-4 polyps can be sold at $80 !!!!
Old 07-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #7
Archer82

Wow...that was one cool article and one I wish every merchant retailing in marine lifestock should read. What was stated does seem very relevant to what is happening around especially the hype about the skimmers. I love the author's way of speaking directly rather then beating around the bush

Thanks to the bro who placed the link.

Cheers

Archer