Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 02-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #61
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfriends View Post
I saw the pic and assume the same piece in bkk, dealer say pure white, when send pic, walao tail gone and otherwise. Hence gator gar don't compare price till you see actual fish. you get what you pay for.
Bro, BKK piece that was offered was offered when I was there in person. It was pure white without a single black dot. No pic whatsoever.

Of course when you buy through lfs they need to earn at least 20 -30%. Somemore no guarantee high price = confirm good quality.
fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #62
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX View Post
platinum gator hv few grade really
in my opinion the grading from lowest to highest would be
silvery platinum to reflective snow white to non reflective matt snow white

all the above the few black spotting especially at the top dosal fin and few on the tail shld slowly faded away as they get older,bigger and super stable

regarding surrounding colour,be it black,blue or white by right hv little impact on their quality,however snow gator is best kept in blue or black tank to enjoy the contrast

there are few snow gator keepers in sg,and few full grown monster out there,just that they are very low profile personnel,probably log on,read and just smile and move on.

one important aspect is try not to keep snow gator under direct sunlight,their skin don't do well,maybe more sensitive as compare to normal gator,thus adding stress to them and blemish might appear

humble opinion only
So if what you said is true why would anyone pay more than 10k for a pure. Would rather pay 2k plus for a plat gator with some dots on fins . Coz when they mature all black dots will be gone and both will look the same. The breeder who I get my plat from said the same thing. At first I thought it was his sales man talk.. after hearing from you I now think otherwise.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #63
RELAX
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong View Post
So if what you said is true why would anyone pay more than 10k for a pure. Would rather pay 2k plus for a plat gator with some dots on fins . Coz when they mature all black dots will be gone and both will look the same. The breeder who I get my plat from said the same thing. At first I thought it was his sales man talk.. after hearing from you I now think otherwise.
I hv yet to see a less than 10'' so called super quality snow gar without a single plemish ontheir finnage,what i know is the blemish shld fade away as the gar grow bigger and more stable,those that cannot(many many) offcourse then are labeled as lesser standard

there is always a reason why some platinum gar are sold for just 2k and another similar size,selling for 10k over assuming around 15'' as example
RELAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #64
fong
Dragon

Quote:
I hv yet to see a less than 10'' so called super quality snow gar without a single plemish ontheir finnage,what i know is the blemish shld fade away as the gar grow bigger and more stable,those that cannot(many many) offcourse then are labeled as lesser standard

there is always a reason why some platinum gar are sold for just 2k and another similar size,selling for 10k over assuming around 15'' as example
Thanks for the feedback. For my gator gar.. is it a grade B, C, D, E? What would be the market price if I need to buy another 1?

Is mine a mat or shinny type?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #65
fong
Dragon

Quote:
platinum gator hv few grade really
in my opinion the grading from lowest to highest would be
silvery platinum to reflective snow white to non reflective matt snow white

all the above the few black spotting especially at the top dosal fin and few on the tail shld slowly faded away as they get older,bigger and super stable

regarding surrounding colour,be it black,blue or white by right hv little impact on their quality,however snow gator is best kept in blue or black tank to enjoy the contrast

there are few snow gator keepers in sg,and few full grown monster out there,just that they are very low profile personnel,probably log on,read and just smile and move on.

one important aspect is try not to keep snow gator under direct sunlight,their skin don't do well,maybe more sensitive as compare to normal gator,thus adding stress to them and blemish might appear

humble opinion only
Can you advise what grade is my plat gator?

Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 AM   #66
Yuna
Endangered Dragon

Is tt semi short body?
Yuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:05 AM   #67
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
Is tt semi short body?
You mean body and head ratio abit out issit?
Old 03-01-2014, 01:41 AM   #68
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna View Post
Is tt semi short body?
I went to take a look at my gar again.. didn't realise the body is in fact shorter.. no wonder..... looks strange when I first saw it.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #69
takanori
Senior Dragon

In black tank and still body clean clean. To me considered very good grade, thou tail abit birthmark to me its ok. U got a semi-short somemore, great catch!
takanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #70
fong
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanori View Post
In black tank and still body clean clean. To me considered very good grade, thou tail abit birthmark to me its ok. U got a semi-short somemore, great catch!
The seller said this was grade A. He said as long as body no blemish is grade A. He said this fish birthmark will disappear over time. I only believe 50% of what he said though.

Went to speak to a lfs, they said tan the fish.. if no blemish means good grade...

then now grading by shine and matt. Matt better. Something new. If face is shiny but body is mat than good grade or not ?

I got this piece at a dirt cheap price.. so cannot complain. Will accept it as it is.

Just need to know more about gator gar... if any nice bro can share their experience. THANKS.