Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 11-11-2019, 01:03 PM   #131
BTGH
Dragon

One game at a time. Our tough games schedule means our club is doing really well on the field, in the league and champions league.
Would you accept the alternative of playing just the league and cup games or even just the Europa league every season?? 😬😎
BTGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:22 PM   #132
NI KI
Arofanatic

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 11:17 PM   #133
Calsberg
Dragon

Good job LFC, effective at the front when it mattered and soaked up the pressure at the tail end very well !
Keep chugging along, still a long way to go along so many fronts !

YNWA
Calsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:12 AM   #134
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 12-11-2019, 02:19 AM   #135
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default 'This is my funeral' - Gary Neville reacts to Liverpool's win over Man City

Gary Neville admitted watching Liverpool defeat Manchester City 3-1 on Sunday at Anfield was 'his funeral'.

The Reds moved eight points clear at the top of the Premier League thanks to goals from Fabinho, Mo Salah and Sadio Mane on an impressive afternoon.

Neville at the game working for Sky Sports and speaking about it on his podcast he revealed that as a Manchester United fan it doesn't get much worse.

He said: "It's as painful as it gets. I have worn all black today with a black tie as well.

"It was a funeral match today, it was worse than a funeral. This is my funeral and you witnessing it as we speak. I'm a Manchester United fan and for 20 years to get the title back and keep it away from Liverpool .

"This is one club that can compete with Manchester United in terms of globe fanbase, scale, tradition, history, and success.

"If they get a Premier League title under their belt they become a real power. It is painful as a United fan and we are where we are at this moment of time."

Neville believes that watching Jurgen Klopp's side is like what his Man United side's did over the years as Sir Alex Ferguson's team dominated.

The former defender added: "It's painful to watch as there is a lot of this team I see in the qualities of the Manchester United's teams I was part of.

"Winning games late on, never say die, looking desperate every single time to win the ball back, they do everything they want your football team to do and it's awful as a Manchester United to watch it. But you have to respect it. "

"This Liverpool team is very good and it has a great ethos and ethic."
Old 12-11-2019, 02:28 AM   #136
NI KI
Arofanatic

Mark Clattenburg says Liverpool and Man City penalty decision was right but for wrong reason

Ex-Premier League referee Mark Clattenburg agreed with VAR's decision to allow Fabinho's goal for Liverpool - but thinks the explanation of why it was given is wrong.

The Brazilian opened the scoring with a rocket of a strike 22 seconds after the ball had struck Trent Alexander-Arnold's hand in the Reds penalty area.

A subsequent check was conducted by VAR officials at Stockley Park which advised it was not a 'deliberate handball' by the full-back.

The decision to let the strike stand left Pep Guardiola and his side furious. However, Clattenburg thinks the right decision was made but for the wrong reason.

The former official told the MailOnline: "VAR and Michael Oliver made the correct call in allowing Fabinho's early goal to stand, although I disagree with the reasoning the Premier League have provided."

An official statement released during the match read: "The VAR checked the penalty appeal for handball against Trent Alexander-Arnold and confirmed the on-field decision that it did not meet the considerations for a deliberate handball."

Clattenburg argued: "There were strong suggestions at the time that the effort should be disallowed and a penalty awarded to Manchester City because Trent Alexander-Arnold had handled at the other end moments before the goal.

"However, it is the arm of Manchester City forward Bernardo Silva that deflects the ball onto Alexander-Arnold and that is why, for me, play should not be brought back.

"If Silva's arm does not divert the ball, then yes, I believe a penalty should have been awarded as Alexander-Arnold's arm is in an unnatural position and he is using it to make himself bigger.

"That is why I do not understand the Premier League explanation that it was not a deliberate handball."

Liverpool's 3-1 win has seen them go nine points clear of Man City, who following defeat sit fourth behind Leicester City and Chelsea who are second and third respectively.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:37 AM   #137
NI KI
Arofanatic

Arsene Wenger explains how 'soul' of Anfield makes Liverpool different in Premier League title battle

Manchester City aren't the first team to feel the power of Anfield. They won't be the last.

And for Arsene Wenger, the stadium itself is a significant reason why Liverpool are now unbeaten in 46 home Premier League games and are the reigning European champions.

The former Arsenal boss spoke in glowing terms about the Reds' home ground ahead of Sunday's titanic top-flight tussle with City.

Anfield saw perhaps its greatest ever night in May when Liverpool fought from 3-0 down in the first leg to beat Barcelona 4-0 and reach the Champions League final.

And Wenger is a huge fan of the venue and believes it can have a real impact on opposing players.

"If Liverpool have changed games in Europe, for a big part it's down to Anfield," he said to beIN Sport.

"It's the hardest place in Europe. It's the only place now you can take a corner and shake hands with supporters!

"You can say 'hello my brother, how are you?' and continue to play football. That's a real football field, you know.

"Today we build sophisticated stadiums but that is a stadium with soul, with pressure really on the opponent."

Wenger has been consistent in his praise of Liverpool's home stadium.

"In Europe they do well. Why? Anfield," he said after the win against Barcelona. "(For a) home game, this is the most heated stadium in Europe in a return game. It is the only place you don't want to go.

"The atmosphere - everything - is special there."
Old 12-11-2019, 02:55 AM   #138
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 12-11-2019, 03:05 AM   #139
NI KI
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI KI View Post
Liverpool now have at least twice as many points (34) as any other Premier League team outside the top four.

Eight points clear at the top of the table.

Arsenal (17) and Manchester United (16) have fewer points combined than Liverpool in the Premier League this season.

Both closer to 0 than they are to Liverpool’s tally.
Old 12-11-2019, 03:07 AM   #140
NI KI
Arofanatic

Fabinho and co. fire Liverpool eight points clear at the top of the Premier League.